• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unable to reach my minecraft server.

System Name Red Giant
Processor Intel Core i7-12700K
Motherboard MSI Pro Z690
Cooling Corsair H100i elite
Memory Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB
Video Card(s) MSI 4070TI Super
Storage 960 GB Sandisk SSD
Display(s) 27 inch Predator 144 hz 2k
Case CoolerMaster HAF X
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair AX1200
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 11 Pro
I host my own minecraft server and have been for well over a month with no issues until early tonight my friend started running around the server and it suddenly crashed and has not been working correctly since. Even while I am running the server on this computer minecraft says that it cannot be reached, also it refuses to let me allocate more than 1024 mb to my server even though I am using a bat file.

This is the code I was attempting to use.

@echo off
java -Xms4096M -Xmx4096M -jar Minecraft_Server.exe gui
pause

However it refuses to let me allocate that much memory and not even 2048 I cannot successfully run the bat file with anything greater than 1024mb I have 8 gigs of ram in my system and that it was my computer always shows, I am also using 64 bit java. Any help would be appreciated since this is a very developed server that has many painstakingly created buildings and inventions and I would hate to permanently lose it due to a server problem.

This problem persists even after rebooting my computer, their have only ever been 3 people on the server so I do not think I should have any trouble keeping up whatsoever.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
System Name Red Giant
Motherboard MSI Pro Z690
Case CoolerMaster HAF X
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Software Windows 11 Pro
Apparently at some point I had uninstalled my 64-bit java :shadedshu now I have it downloaded and set up to use 4 gigs of memory for my server but I still cannot connect to it even after deleting my server properties, it will let me connect to a new map but i cannot connect the old one again. Is it possible that my friends running around completely messed up the server? It seems like my computer cannot run the old map for whatever reason even with 4 gigabytes of memory at its disposal.

It asks if the system time has changed or if the server is overloaded. I am assuming it is the latter since I just went and re-synched my time.

Even connecting as localhost i cannot load this map, should I simply give up or is their a way to delete certain regions and try to salvage the rest?

Edit: new error INTERNAL EXCEPTION: JAVA.NET.SOCKETTIMEOUTEXCEPTION: READ TIMED OUT

Last edited:

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
You have a lot of mods installed on the server, yeah? There's a chance one of them corrupted the world.

Maybe you could try loading the world with minecraft.jar. As far as I know, they world saves are compatible. That would eliminate network issues.

System Name Red Giant
Motherboard MSI Pro Z690
Case CoolerMaster HAF X
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Software Windows 11 Pro
You have a lot of mods installed on the server, yeah? There's a chance one of them corrupted the world.

Maybe you could try loading the world with minecraft.jar. As far as I know, they world saves are compatible. That would eliminate network issues.

I actually don't have anything except one texture pack installed

http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_pack/life---hd-texture-pack/

I will give it a try loading it with the .jar .

Edit: How exactly do you go about loading the world with minecraft.jar? I have also tried running the old map a few more times and what happens is it will be listed as a full signal server until I attempt to connect and get stuck at downloading terrain then it loses the connection with error: INTERNAL EXCEPTION: JAVA.NET.SOCKETTIMEOUTEXCEPTION: READ TIMED OUT and the server becomes unreachable as it is briefly in a polling state and then cannot be reached even while it is still running. Shortly after that the server module gives a Warning: Can't keep up, did the system time change or is the server overloaded. There is no way that this is an unfixable error, all my friend did was run around the world he did not cause excessive explosions or anything.

Edit2: After around 10 minutes the server is listed again and I can attempt to connect only to get stuck at downloading terrain again with the same timeout error :/

Last edited: