• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Underclocking

ATIonion

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835100007 for your arctic silver 5 thermal paste...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118001 for your cooling needs..

if you have a local pc shop maybe see if they have a cooler that is cheaper then the zalman....what you really need is a test heatsink and fan, i doubt you really want to get rid of your h2o system, you just need to make sure that the card isnt the problem in order to solve your overheating issues...but if you just want a good fan on it and dont care about h2o, then go zalman there....good luck again..:rockout:

Dev

Processor AMD 3700+ San Diego
Motherboard Asus A8N SLi SE
Cooling Water for GPU and Air for the rest of the case.
Memory 1 GB PC 3200 RAm
Video Card(s) Sapphire X1900XTX Toxic
Storage Seagate 250 GB
Display(s) Dell 17" Flat Panel
Case Antec Sonata II
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Music
Power Supply Enermax 620 Watt
Software Windows XP Pro SP2
Hello, It's been a while since I posted in this topic. Anyway just to let you all know what the final outcome was with the situation. Anyway I decided to take a risk and get a new fan and I went with the Zalman VF900 and the mentioned paste. Due to the higher prices in Europe I had to pay a lot more than $33 for the cooler and $6 for the paste, it came to €44 and €15 for the paste which is about $80 which is like a new graphics card (granted much less powerful)! This however isn't anybodies fault and the finger can only be pointed the fact that the prices are just higher here even online.

Anyway I had no real trouble with the installation and everything worked out dandy. The cooler was a great choice and is whisper quiet with my temperatures normal( 45ºC idle and 70ºC load). I posted on several different forums and I found this one offered the best advice which got my problem solved! So I would like to say thank you to all involved in fixing my graphics card.

Merry Christmas Everybody, I'm off to get another 1GB of RAM and play some Company of Heroes once again.

-Dev

System Name Lian Li Carbon fiber ed.
Processor Intel i5 2500k 4.6Ghz 24/7 Max OC 5Ghz
Motherboard Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
Cooling Swiftech blocks, 360 Xflow rad, Swiftech 120 rad, Liang with XSPC res/pump top.
Memory 8Gb Mushkin 1600Mhz 8-9-8-24
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD6950 2Gb
Storage OCZ Vertex 4 128 / Western Digital 160
Display(s) ASUS 25,5" wide VW266h
Power Supply Corsair HX620 modular
Software Windows 7 64
Hello, It's been a while since I posted in this topic. Anyway just to let you all know what the final outcome was with the situation. Anyway I decided to take a risk and get a new fan and I went with the Zalman VF900 and the mentioned paste. Due to the higher prices in Europe I had to pay a lot more than $33 for the cooler and $6 for the paste, it came to €44 and €15 for the paste which is about $80 which is like a new graphics card (granted much less powerful)! This however isn't anybodies fault and the finger can only be pointed the fact that the prices are just higher here even online.

Anyway I had no real trouble with the installation and everything worked out dandy. The cooler was a great choice and is whisper quiet with my temperatures normal( 45ºC idle and 70ºC load). I posted on several different forums and I found this one offered the best advice which got my problem solved! So I would like to say thank you to all involved in fixing my graphics card.

Merry Christmas Everybody, I'm off to get another 1GB of RAM and play some Company of Heroes once again.

-Dev

Then you over payed for it.
I got the Zalman VF900 led cooler and some Arctic Silver paste for 34 euro's.

But nice to hear your problems are solved. And merry christmas and a happy new year to you to.

Last edited: