1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Underpowered system

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by patton45, Oct 31, 2007.

1. patton45

patton45

Thanks Received:
    So i just tried to push my fx-62 to 3.8 and my gtx to 700/1050 suddenly my comp got unstable so i unclocked the gtx and ran 3dmark pi aquamark and cpu burn in for 24 hrs no issues then tried the gtx again no luck so i under clocked the cpu again back to 3.4 and bumbed up the gtx and wouldnt you know everything was stable i checked my volts in speed fan and they say everything is cool but over the years ive learned to take speed fan with a grain of salt. now im runnin a 500w antec neo he and ive never had problems with it when i had both gtx in the same system i ran them off of it and it seemed fine but now im wondering if my system is undermpowered due to the overclocking of every last part does anyone have a total wattage usage tool? i have a wattage meter to tell me what the psu is suckin from the wall but nothin to tell me what the comp is sucking away

2. theonetruewill New Member

Thanks Received:
    London - Close your eyes and you'll see me
    I doubt your FX-62 can reach 3.8! That's way out of its normal range!

3. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    If you could do that well... you would be beating the C2Ds!!!

4. patton45

patton45

Thanks Received:
    it can reach it no problem i normaly run between 3.3 and 3.6 depending on if im benchmarking or just gamimng some dude got his to 4.4 on phase change im on a home built a/c
    and no my cousins c2d e6600 is at the sam 3.8 and it beats mine very easily in 3dmark06 and 05

But thats not my problem ive never had a problem maxing componenets just need some help finding a volt tool ive been lookin for a few days but cant find the one that give me the right info

Last edited: Oct 31, 2007