1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Uninstalling Drivers Help!!!

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Darkleoco, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    I went and uninstalled MSI Afterburner and Catalyst Install Manager to upgrade my graphics drivers like I normally do as per Erockers guide.
    http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52502
    However my computer screen now seems completely screwed up and I cannot do anything as of right now :/ I have no idea what would cause this and everything was working perfectly up until the time of the uninstall.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am only back home until Saturday night so I would hope to have it fixed by then.

I have no additional VGA displays to test with and have no idea what could cause this as I have uninstalled my drivers many times with Erockers guide and had no issues whatsoever.

EDIT/UPDATE: Managed to fix the problem by screesharing with a friend only to be told he saw my desktop just fine(thank god it renders based on the receiving computers settings). Managed to pull up teamviewer and use my laptop to make the necessary registry edits and to run driver sweeper from there. After that it was smooth sailing installing the latest AMD Drivers.

Mods can close this thread.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
    ThE_MaD_ShOt says thanks.
  2. Jack1n

Thanks Received:
    You could have also tried booting to safe mode