1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

United Kingdom Censoring Board to Appeal Manhunt 2 Decision

Discussion in 'News' started by zekrahminator, Dec 17, 2007.

1. zekrahminator

zekrahminator McLovin

Thanks Received:
    Just when we thought all the controversy surrounding Manhunt 2 was over, the UK Censoring Board decided to start it right back up. Manhunt 2, the game that almost got banned from several countries and most consoles, was recently cleared for release in the United Kingdom. However, the UK Censoring Board recently brought an appeal of the decision to sell Manhunt 2 in the UK to court. If they succeed, Manhunt 2 will be pulled off of shelves before it is even put on them. The Censoring Board cites "sustained and cumulative casual sadism, unrelenting focus on stalking and brutal slaying, (and) the sheer lack of alternative pleasures on offer to the gamer" as reasons that this game should not be viewed by anyone...at all.

Source: Reg Hardware

Last edited: Dec 17, 2007
  2. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    Well if this is true then I think the gov't has too much control.

3. pt

pt not a suicide-bomber

Thanks Received:
    everyone will just buy it from another country, torrents, or steam, this hasn't a chance

4. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    well if i have been taught anything by public schools its that in times like this bootleg the game!!!!

5. lemonadesoda

lemonadesoda

Thanks Received:
    Question is what's legal, what's illegal, and what should be restricted/limited/censored etc.

Since it is easy to get illegal imports, that doesnt mean there shouldnt be restrictions. Just as its easy to drive 100mph over the speed limit, doesnt mean there shouldnt be a speed limit.

6. mandelore

mandelore New Member

Thanks Received:
    UK-small Village in a Valley Near Newcastle
    I live in a Party-Dictatorship

The government is no longer the voice of the people, but rather tries to command us. It pretty much suxors, but hell, we just ignore em ;)

7. v-zero Guest

It's not the case though. Their eyes are much bigger than their stomachs.

8. Mandown

Mandown New Member

Thanks Received:
    Manhunt really was a crappy game anyways. all you did was go in the dark and kill them. I don't care about manhunt, i care about the other games that have good story, and is more than just wait in the dark. Just rate the damn thing AO and if you want it buy it online or if ebgames starts selling AO rated games get it there. I rather they not take games off the shelves but enforce the rating system or whats the point of having it.

9. Triprift

Triprift

Thanks Received:
    Lol no different to here in australia with sof payback there so conservative they woudnt no poo from shoe polish :shadedshu

10. effmaster

effmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    Cant they just STFU already gawd you Brits don't know when to drop something do you lol:laugh::laugh:

No offense to the people here on TPU that are from the U.K.:laugh: