• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

ishtangli

Got this to work on an ALC272 on Win 7 64. Solution isn't very pretty but it works. Here's how I did it:

1. Install 2.71 drivers from this site
2. Restart
3. Run stop commands from batch file on Page 3:

taskkill /f /im RAVCpl64.exe
net stop audiosrv
net stop AudioEndpointBuilder

4. Rename original DLL and replace (make sure its the DLL version and not the SYS one)
5. Run start commands from batch file on Page 3:

net start AudioEndpointBuilder
net start audiosrv
CD /D "C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA"
start RAVCpl64.exe -s

6. Set output to DTS Connect or DD Live in Realtek Manager
7. Run stop commands from batch file on Page 3
8. Delete (or rename) modified DLL and restore original
9. Run start commands from batch file on Page 3

hapselapse

Hello
I am trying to use the alternative method (I don't wanna press F8 every time i start up my pc :))

The problem:
I have replaced 2 dll files i found with the same name(RtkAPO64.dll) as the file i downloaded, one in system32 and the other is in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\hdxrt.inf_amd64_7b85339c92fa2cd9. My Realtek HD Audio Manager DID show the options dts interactive and dolby digital live and the pressable buttons with the logo's were also there.
When i tried to change to either dts or dolby it simple changed back to "24 Bits, 96000 Hz (Studio Quality)" so it seems i cannot change the format.

Info:
Windows 8.1 64-bit
Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (it's a Realtek ALC898)

Hardware IDs:
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0899&SUBSYS_18491898&REV_1000
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0899&SUBSYS_18491898

Couldn't find anything named HD Audio Codec but i found these?

High Definition Audio Bus:
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_AAB0&SUBSYS_AAB01682&REV_00
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_AAB0&SUBSYS_AAB01682
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_AAB0&CC_040300
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_AAB0&CC_0403

High Definition Audio Controller:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E20&SUBSYS_18981849&REV_04
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E20&SUBSYS_18981849
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E20&CC_040300
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E20&CC_0403

It would help if the picture of the info you want was readable :)

Thanks

edit: You wrote "you can still replace the DLL and go to Control Panel > Sound" but in the Control Panel > Sound i do not have the options dts interactive and dolby digital live.

Didels

Hi!!!! newbee here!!!!
I´ve made everything with the 2.75 realtek HD driver,and all went well,I have all the options in order to be elegible.
I´m using a Gygabite MoBo with Realtek ALC892 chip,and conected via Toslink to an old but DTS and Dolby Digital amplifier.
If I test a video with Dolby Digital Live or DTS connec I hear a very good 5.1 sound,but if I try to play a game (I tried Metro 2033 REDUX and Rome 2 Total war) and all I can hear is stereo...what I,m doing wrong?
I can choose eveything...someone can tell me what I have to do,to check or uncheck for games to work on 5.1 via Toslink..?
I´m getting mad because everything seems to be ok,but only 2.0 sound on my games...
Any help???????

GeLork

Didels
Hi! Sorry my English
I did two solution, first unlock drivers R273 for WIN 7 64 using the instructions above for my Asus Rampage 3 ALC889 chip. I have 5.1 sound to next games Shadow Warrior, Max Payne 3, Borderlands 2,Batman: Arkham Origins, Dishonored, GTA 4 Splinter Cell Blacklist, CoD BO 2, Far Cry 3, but Sniper Elite 3.
This games been only 2.0 Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Rus, Alien Isolation, after this solution http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3100189 they 5.1.
I forgot to run edited_system32.bat file, now confirm The Evil Within, Thief 2014, Metro 2033 Redux, Outlast, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, The Murdered Soul Suspect working in 5.1 :)

Last edited:

TheDuuud

I have an MSI Z77A G 45 and I tried all the solution all the fu**** day and I'm f***** exhausting (sorry )

first I tried this :
it work but when I restart the PC after disable the test mod, I had no sound !

then I tried the BossMafioso zip but I can't understand what should I write when It tell me to sign the driver..

The last thing I tried it's the other BossMafioso methode with the CABLE but when I configure to 5.1 it doesn't reconnized my back speaker. I just have PLII Music/Video or Stereo choise in my game with my logitech Z5400...

Help please

GeLork

TheDuuud
I did so

1) 2.73 driver install, restart
2) Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider > Enable Test Mode > Next. restart
3)File RTKVHD64.sys (original file RTKVHD64.sys rename, example RTKVHD64BACK.sys) copy to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\RTKVHD64.sys
4) Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider > Sign a System File > copied into an empty field that record C:\Windows\System32\drivers\RTKVHD64.sys OK. Restart
5) Never disable the test mode, the system works fine with it.
Good luck!

Hi everyone (sorry for my English if is bad :) )

I'm new here and I would like first to greet you

I tried this You Tube method and it worked. I got DD / DTS option in the Realtek Audio Manager. But some things are different than others. I saw the pictures of users who have posted in this thread where they get DD Live and DTS Interactive in Default Formats section, but for me it did not appear to choose. I have only in the Windows playback options, but not in the Realtek manager?

Is that normal, and if someone knows what the problem is?

thanks

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    140.5 KB · Views: 1,794
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    29.6 KB · Views: 1,214
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    225 KB · Views: 1,278
  • 5.PNG
    5.PNG
    29.2 KB · Views: 1,278
  • No DD DTS format to select.PNG
    No DD DTS format to select.PNG
    76.2 KB · Views: 1,363
Last edited:

TheDuuud

TheDuuud

4) Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider > Sign a System File > copied into an empty field that record C:\Windows\System32\drivers\RTKVHD64.sys OK. Restart

I don't get the 4.but I tried what you said with 2.75 driver and I got that

so the windows DTS option are unlock but I can't do nothing wih it...

GeLork

You have the option of dolby digital live (5.1 surround) as on my picture?
If it does not, then you need to still sign a file RTKVHD64.sys paragraph 4, or does not work.
Neo DTS and DTS interactive I also do not work, no sound, only dolby digital live (5.1 surround)

Driver signature Overrider download link http://www.ngohq.com/?page=Files&go=giveme&dwn_id=826

Attachments

• picture.jpg
    picture.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 1,080
If it does not, then you need to still sign a file RTKVHD64.sys paragraph 4, or does not work.
Neo DTS and DTS interactive I also do not work, no sound, only dolby digital live (5.1 surround)

Driver signature Overrider download link http://www.ngohq.com/?page=Files&go=giveme&dwn_id=826

Thanks

No I don`t have these two options to choose .
I have this like in picture ( no Dolby Digital Live and no Dolby Interactive ) , but in Windows sound properties these options it does appear .

This overrider stuff I have already done with this program before like in YouTube tutorial video .

Attachments

• 7.PNG
    7.PNG
    76.2 KB · Views: 1,038
  • 8.PNG
    8.PNG
    62.4 KB · Views: 971
Last edited:

GeLork

If you choose the properties of Windows (picture 8.PNG) dolby digital live (5.1 surround) Apply OK you have 5.1 sound? Make a test sound. Test AC3 v2.0.
If the sound is 5.1 then all okay. Then it does not matter that in the Realtek these options are unavailable. In fact Reatek duplicate properties Windows.

Attachments

• Test AC3 v2.0.rar
    939 KB · Views: 491

TheDuuud

yep I Have not. How I should sign the driver ? with DESO ok but what folder do I note ?

TheDuuud

If you choose the properties of Windows (picture 8.PNG) dolby digital live (5.1 surround) Apply OK you have 5.1 sound? Make a test sound. Test AC3 v2.0.
If the sound is 5.1 then all okay. Then it does not matter that in the Realtek these options are unavailable. In fact Reatek duplicate properties Windows.

same herebut I have not real 5.1 this way. I guess I have to activate it by the realtek panel,but it does'nt appear...

Last edited:

GeLork

TheDuuud,
I Have not. How I should sign the driver ? with DESO ok but what folder do I note ?

OK
Then try this ..
1) 2.75 Remove, Install R2.73
See image 1
Run dseo13b file attached
See image 2 C:\Windows\System32\drivers\RTKVHD64.sys

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    111.2 KB · Views: 1,591
  • 2.png
    2.png
    80.6 KB · Views: 1,501
  • dseo13b and RTKVHD64.sys.rar
    1.9 MB · Views: 626
Last edited:

TheDuuud

I tried this way. and same problème no 5.1 in realtek option. So I buy 3 3.5 jack in order to connect in analog, but no 5.1 neether...

bohemis09

Hello.
As far as i know, after a search i made, S/PDIF (optical,coaxial) does not support more than two channels of uncompressed audio.If you want to get surround, then you must have ''DTS connect'' or "Dolby digital Live" enabled in your sound card. So "dts connect" encode the 2 channel sound into 5.1 surround in real time, unless, the audio, it's already encoded into DTS. That's work fine in Games I tested( Bf4, Borderlands ) but unfortunately i cannot get 5.1 surround from others sound or video sources (music, video, youtube etc) but only 2 channel audio from my speakers (L/R). So, if DTS Connect can encode in real time 2 channels to 5 (or more) why can't work properly? May i missed something? Ofcourse, my mobo supports "dts connect" and I enabled this feature in playback devices.

I am using Win 8.1 pro with Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0/Realtek ALC 892 8-Channel HD Audio Codec. I also have Z-5500 Logitech Speakers connected to mobo via S/PDIF (Optical).

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hi...!!
Somebody knows how to enable "test mode" on windows 10 build 9860... ?? Bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON worked on build 9841 now it doesn't
The admin command line said is "OK" but the drivers doesn't load...

edit: it was an update from 9841 to 9860 but from a clean install it work nicely
Thanks

Last edited:

Renegade77

Thanks for all the help and advice posted here on this forum, was very instrumental in helping me figure out how to get things working.

CharlieWhiskey

Once the driver is signed with the dseo13b, is it possible to turn off test signing? I am not certain that I like what I have been hearing concerning security issues.

Tonyshark

Hi

Works for me on MB Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 with ALC 892(optical out) connected on Yamaha HTR-5730 ( new option DDL 5.1 and DTS interactive5.1)
and on MB Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5 with ALC 889(optical out) (DDL 5.1 already active with this MB+ new DTS interactive 5.1)
Work with drivers 2.71 and 2.72

Windows 8.1 pro 64bits
I installed the normal drivers from Realtek. Rename the file RTKAPO64.dll in Windows\system32 and copy and paste the unlocked RTKAPO64.dll
and Reboot.
No need to enabled Test mode. No need the batch file.

Great works !!!
Many thanks.

Followed this procedure with my Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 connected to Astro A50 Headset through optical cable. It works perfectly ..without the need of enabling test mode for Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center 64bit

RealtekDDL

Hi!!!! newbee here!!!!
I´ve made everything with the 2.75 realtek HD driver,and all went well,I have all the options in order to be elegible.
I´m using a Gygabite MoBo with Realtek ALC892 chip,and conected via Toslink to an old but DTS and Dolby Digital amplifier.
If I test a video with Dolby Digital Live or DTS connec I hear a very good 5.1 sound,but if I try to play a game (I tried Metro 2033 REDUX and Rome 2 Total war) and all I can hear is stereo...what I,m doing wrong?
I can choose eveything...someone can tell me what I have to do,to check or uncheck for games to work on 5.1 via Toslink..?
I´m getting mad because everything seems to be ok,but only 2.0 sound on my games...
Any help???????
Those games use XAudio2 and has DDL stereo bug and no fix from M$, BUT DIY DDL 5.1 FIX here:
http://xboxforums.create.msdn.com/forums/t/22533.aspx

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ital-yet/304c4dc9-ea55-48f4-b08b-9946700763fe

http://www.google.com/search?q=xaudio2 dolby
-------
Use a hex editor like HxD-Hexeditor, edit all XAudio2_x.dll files in C:\Windows\System32.
-Use editor Search/Replace: Hex-values: Search for: 4D069FF12C08274EBC736882A1BB8E4C00000000
-Replace with: 260E87E4C53CD24CBA46CA0A9A70ED0400000000
-Save all fixed XAudio2_x.dll etc.

Last edited:

bsletu

Its working fine with windows 8.1 64bit . Dont need enable driver enforce when you restart computer.

Step 1 : Copy file RTKVHD64.sys ( Driver mod ) to folder Vista64 in orginal driver .
Step 2 : Enable Driver Signature Enforcement
Step 3 : Setup Driver from step 1 , Dont Restart .
Step 4 : Turn on DTS 5.1 format .
Step 5 ; Disable Driver Realtek in Driver manager
Step 6 : Copy file RTKVHD64.sys ( original Driver ) in Vista 64 (Original Driver ) to C:\system 32\Drivers
Step 7 : Restart computer then enable driver realtek in Driver manager .
DTS 5.1 disappear in format sounds but it still working . You dont need change format sound.

Last edited:

RealtekDDL

Hello.
As far as i know, after a search i made, S/PDIF (optical,coaxial) does not support more than two channels of uncompressed audio.If you want to get surround, then you must have ''DTS connect'' or "Dolby digital Live" enabled in your sound card. So "dts connect" encode the 2 channel sound into 5.1 surround in real time, unless, the audio, it's already encoded into DTS. That's work fine in Games I tested( Bf4, Borderlands ) but unfortunately i cannot get 5.1 surround from others sound or video sources (music, video, youtube etc) but only 2 channel audio from my speakers (L/R). So, if DTS Connect can encode in real time 2 channels to 5 (or more) why can't work properly? May i missed something? Ofcourse, my mobo supports "dts connect" and I enabled this feature in playback devices.

I am using Win 8.1 pro with Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0/Realtek ALC 892 8-Channel HD Audio Codec. I also have Z-5500 Logitech Speakers connected to mobo via S/PDIF (Optical).

Thanks in advance
You'll need to enable in the soundcard dolby or dts options tab: DTS NEO for DTS Connect or Dolby Prologic IIx for Dolby Digital Live, both are converting STEREO into Virtual Surround 5.1.

DDL and DTSC convert any non-DD/DTS stereo/multi/surround audio into compressed bitstream 5.1 audio through digital optical/coax spdif outputs.

See post #396 when games using XAudio2.

Pulstar

Thanks to the original poster, but I would like to know whether this is the latest audio driver for Dolby software, and if not where can the latest PCEE drivers be found?