• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

System Name Some computer stuff
Processor Mostly Intel or AMD
Motherboard ATX or mATX
Cooling Bong Cooler
Memory DDR2-4
Video Card(s) A few
Storage Plenty Platters or SSDs or USBs
Display(s) Samsung 23"
Case 5 on the floor
Audio Device(s) There's one for my M7 Gene, Oh I have 3-4 PCI 5.1 ones.Sabrent! lol
Power Supply 750-1000W
Mouse cheap
Keyboard Used ps2 from garage sales
Software Yeah
Benchmark Scores http://hwbot.org/user/schmuckley/#Hardware_Library http://valid.canardpc.com/rbjpbg
It's on Guru3d..eh subbed for later :D

oh no my mobo has VIA2021 codec can you hack it too I know the driver can do dolby home theatre and dts connect on some motherboards

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Plus
Memory GSkill 8GB Dual Channel DDR4-2800
Video Card(s) MSI GamingX RX580 4GB
Storage Kingston V300 240GB SSD + WD Green 2TB
Display(s) ACER K212HL 27" + Haier 55" + Lenovo Explorer Mixed Reality Headset
Case Enermax Ostrog (Red)
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA B2 750W
Software Win10 64bit
I used this program and it worked easily. It disables the driver signature enforcement during boot-up.

saiyaniam

Hi guys, I've been trying to sort this out a while now, I'm using win7, and have got to the point where I can't use 5.1 sound unless I stay in test mode. I do not wish to do this.
Is there no way to use 5.1 in normal mode? I have tried every combo I can based on the info in this topic, I've read it all.

Everything works If I stay in test mode. And nothing except analog connections are recognized if I go into normal mode.

Also for anyone reading this, the link that has been posted in this topic, this link here : http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=392085

Does NOT let you use "Dolby Digital Live".

Hi,, why we can't use the newest Realtek version with the mod ? realtek_hda_7365 6.0.1.7365 , the 2.71 or any other version sometimes cause problems with enchanments and said there is a problem with one of them and can make slow performance and many more other problems with micrphone and such.

irishwhip

I have this working on alc1150 (motherboard MSI z97 gaming 7)
I used the 2.71 installer from guru3d with the R2.71 M1 files from 2bads original post.
I enabled test mode with dseo13b, resigned the files with the same app then copied them into the installers folders.

5.1 directional sound confirmed with the windows sound control panel, and skyrim.
Many thanks, i now have threee less cables cluttering up the place.

saiyaniam

As far as I can tell everyone has to be in test mode for this to work. Can someone explain why that is?

om604

Because driver is not signed, and windows can't run unsigned drivers in "normal" mode

Should I update to 2.73?

Henri1234lel

I installed everything, running in test mode, with the ALC892.

In Realtek Digital Output (using a SPDIF optical cable), I selected the Dolby Digital Live (5.1 Surround).

My receiver says it's receiving DD or DTS accordingly.

However, whether I play music, a movie, or a game, the sound still only comes out of my two front speakers. Center speaker and the two back speakers are dead silent.

I don't understand why, or what I'm doing wrong. I also can't select the "speaker fill" option to copy the stereo audio to the back speakers, or enable DTS connect on my digital output because it asks for 5.1 speaker configuration and I can only do that on the laptop's speakers or for the headset (analogue) jack.

Last edited:
Music unless up-scaled via the media player app of your choice will remain in stereo and only come out the front 2 speakers. This is how mine works and how I expect it to work.
Most music player programs tend to have an option or a 3rd party plugin that will allow you to upscale to 5.1.
Example, Winamp + Matrix Mixer output plugin.

Movies if they have multiple channels, should have SPDIF/Digital pass through mode, which would send the raw dts/dd signal of the movie to the speakers digital decoder.
Also be sure to select the correct audio track with movies as some have multiple audio channels for which the default may be the stereo channel.
If a movie is in Stereo then MPC-HCE has an internal filter audio switcher that allows you to again setup a speaker matrix to channels of your choice.

Games, some games require you select a 5.1 configuration while inside the game, others should auto detect from windows.

Last edited:
- OS Windows 8/10 64bit
- Motherboard GA-Z97N-Wifi
- HD Audio Controller Hardware ID
- HD Audio Codec Hardware ID
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2807&SUBSYS_80860101&REV_1000
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2807&SUBSYS_80860101

All the enhancements etc appear, but none of them do anything. I've tried original and alternative methods

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
Unfortunately, usually Windows PUMA (Protected User Mode Audio) will check the digital signature of the user-mode DLL and will refuse to play ("Failed to play test tone"),
even so, PUMA will only re-verify the DLL signature after a system restart.

Hi. just recently registered here.
Worked around that by adding this important registry entry in Registry Editor:
Go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Audio"
add "DisableProtectedAudioDG" of DWORD (32bit value) type and set it to 1.
This will allow unsigned audio processing object [APO] DLL files to be used in Vista/7/8.

Very important step to do before installing any modded Realtek audio drivers. If for some reason that entry is not there in RegEdit, insert it there.

Ruben Portier

Hi. just recently registered here.
Worked around that by adding this important registry entry in Registry Editor:
Go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Audio"
add "DisableProtectedAudioDG" of DWORD (32bit value) type and set it to 1.
This will allow unsigned audio processing object [APO] DLL files to be used in Vista/7/8.

Very important step to do before installing any modded Realtek audio drivers. If for some reason that entry is not there in RegEdit, insert it there.

I am very sorry to say that this method does not work, for me. Could you please be a bit more specific?
What I did: I first did exactly as you told us: create the new DWORD (32-bit) key in the Windows register (using regedit). Then I installed the Realtek driver R 2.73 and replaced the file RTKVHD64.sys in C:/Windows/system32/drivers/ after installation and reboot.

After replacing that file and rebooting I still get the error where Windows does not load the driver because it is not signed (I need to be in testing mode). Your explanation does not work or I am doing something wrong. I would love to hear more about this because I hate the use of testing mode and the watermark.

Thanks!

System Name Enslaver :)
Processor Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B650-Plus
Cooling CPU: Noctua NH-D14 with LED fans, Case: 2 front in - 1 rear out
Memory 2x16GB Kingston Fury Beast RGB 6000MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF RTX 4070Ti OC
Storage Samsung Evo Plus 1TB NVMe , internal WD Red 4TB for storage, WD Book 8TB
Display(s) LG CX OLED 65"
Case Lian Li LANCOOL II Mesh C Performance
Audio Device(s) HDMI audio powering Dolby Digital audio on 5.1 Z960 speaker system
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G700
Keyboard ASUS Strix Tactic Pro
Software Windows 11 Pro x64
I am very sorry to say that this method does not work, for me. Could you please be a bit more specific?
What I did: I first did exactly as you told us: create the new DWORD (32-bit) key in the Windows register (using regedit). Then I installed the Realtek driver R 2.73 and replaced the file RTKVHD64.sys in C:/Windows/system32/drivers/ after installation and reboot.

After replacing that file and rebooting I still get the error where Windows does not load the driver because it is not signed (I need to be in testing mode). Your explanation does not work or I am doing something wrong. I would love to hear more about this because I hate the use of testing mode and the watermark.

Thanks!

Press F8 while booting and select disable driver signature enforcement - hope that helps.

mago

I have this mobo

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/motherboards/desktop-motherboards/desktop-board-dh55tc.html

It says it has this realtek codec

http://www.realtek.com.tw/products/productsView.aspx?Langid=1&PFid=28&Level=5&Conn=4&ProdID=141

Where it says it has s/pdif out output, although it doesn't have that yellow line out jack.

So far i didn't had luck with the cracked driver, still haven't tried test mode, but im wondering if i should keep trying since im not sure if its for my realtek. So, is this going to work for me?

and im thinking on buying this

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0045JHJSS/?tag=tec06d-20

You think is a good idea?

Thanks guys.

Hi, do you have a SPDIF output connected to your motherboards header?
According to pages 11-13 here - http://downloadmirror.intel.com/18505/eng/DH55TC_TechProdSpec.pdf

Once you have a header module connected then you should be able to use the 5.1 from the realtek.

As for the Xonar DG, I guess it depends what you have in mind use wise for the system, the DG does not support Dobly Digital Live or DTS live encoding which is required for playing games in 5.1, without this games will simply run in 2 channel stereo over digital output, try the Xonar DX for DD/DTS live encoding support

Movies however with a 5.1 encoded audio track can be passed out directly to a digital amp for proper 5.1 decoding.