• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

System Name hp OMEN X 900-000NX
Processor Intel Core i7-6700K
Motherboard hp Munich-S Z170
Cooling Asetek liquid cooling
Memory 32 GB DDR4-2133 Hynix
Video Card(s) hp GTX1080 Founders
Storage 256GB M2 Samsung (system)+ 1GB SSD WD BLUE edition GAMING(2x500 RAID 0 config)+2TB SATA (storage)
Display(s) LG TV 43 UJ670V active HDR
Case hp OMEN desktop X 900
Audio Device(s) ASUS XONAR DSX (Active) ,SBZ (inactive), onboard Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Keyboard SteelSeries hp OMEN
Software Windows10 64bit hp OMEN edition
Well, I do not have these two options available. It need to select hem in the Windows Audio Manager. I'm also wondering how it is possible that some have the options available in the Realtek Sound Manager and some other don't. However, selecting them using the Windows Audio Manager works fine without any issues.
Yeah that may be , however when this situation appears and I select DTS I within the device control panel it doesn't work correctly even if I disregard RL Audio Manager , ther is no DTS I optimization as when I listen to music it shows only 2 CH and ofc that's how it is played . While when it works correctly as long as DTS I is enabled on my Speaker control unit I always se DTS 96/24 and music is played through the whole speaker set .

System Name hp OMEN X 900-000NX
Processor Intel Core i7-6700K
Motherboard hp Munich-S Z170
Cooling Asetek liquid cooling
Memory 32 GB DDR4-2133 Hynix
Video Card(s) hp GTX1080 Founders
Storage 256GB M2 Samsung (system)+ 1GB SSD WD BLUE edition GAMING(2x500 RAID 0 config)+2TB SATA (storage)
Display(s) LG TV 43 UJ670V active HDR
Case hp OMEN desktop X 900
Audio Device(s) ASUS XONAR DSX (Active) ,SBZ (inactive), onboard Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Keyboard SteelSeries hp OMEN
Software Windows10 64bit hp OMEN edition
I have an Intel based system powered by Nvida GTX 980 which installs its own HDMI drivers but I don't use them as my multimedia setup is set around the flat screen so I don't have any need for HDMI audio.

Ruben Portier

Yeah that may be , however when this situation appears and I select DTS I within the device control panel it doesn't work correctly even if I disregard RL Audio Manager , ther is no DTS I optimization as when I listen to music it shows only 2 CH and ofc that's how it is played . While when it works correctly as long as DTS I is enabled on my Speaker control unit I always se DTS 96/24 and music is played through the whole speaker set .

I think you are playing 2.0 channel audio then. That causes the DTS Interactive to you encode it as 2.0 channel audio (encoding is always a 2.0 channel on optical, but it gets encoded in a way that the receiver understands what is for which channel). You will need to enable Dolby Theater in order to 'upscale' 2.0 channel audio to 5.1. This does not work on most browser (Chrome needs a special paramter, Firefox does not even support this at all!), but it does for 2.0 channel audio you play in VLC or Windows Media Player for example.

Anyone had any luck running this on Windows 10 insider preview? (build 10074 here) There appears to be an additional form of audio protection which causes the notorious 'Failed to play test tone' error when using DTS/DDL.

Realtek control panel and Windows though will register the existence of DDL & DTS, the driver will function normally if used in any other modes.

This will apply to using both the M1 and A1 methods for installing the drivers, as well as the awesome registry workaround which disables PUMA as stated by mkanet, and applies to all of the versions of the modded driver that we have available such as 2.71, 2.73 and 2.75.

For the M1 method I have tried multiple things from test signing the driver to disabling DSE.

I have used both hotswapping files in the installer and hotswapping in system32 for methods of applying M1.

Thanks

----------
Some specs for comparison/information :

Motherboard : Z87-G45
Audio Driver : ALC 1150
OS : Win 10 IP (build 10074 / latest at time of writing).

Edit : For reference, both A1 and M1 work perfectly on Win 8(.1) x64.

Is anyone trying this on buid 10130...?
Actually I'm using the optical output of my GA-Z87X-UD3H (Realtek ALC898) to the receiver.
Thinking to buy a Xonar DG to get this done without to much hassle... but Xonar DG to receiver..??? I don't know... any advice should be appreciated...

There is a version of Xonar with PCI Express x1 port or only PCI slot.
Thanks

mazos

Hello to everyone,i have the mobo Asrock extreme 4 z87 with acl1150 codec ,i cant find any real solution also with my optical connection the only drivers that somehow worked with some new menus are GamerSprit@Realtek Win7_Win8_R271 X64 RTM 2013 but i dont have any sourround test for 5.1 the only things i have are

Attachments

• rsz_2 (1).png
    rsz_2 (1).png
    552.2 KB · Views: 1,409
Hello to everyone,i have the mobo Asrock extreme 4 z87 with acl1150 codec ,i cant find any real solution also with my optical connection the only drivers that somehow worked with some new menus are GamerSprit@Realtek Win7_Win8_R271 X64 RTM 2013 but i dont have any sourround test for 5.1 the only things i have are

Take a look a those images here http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...d-dts-interactive.193148/page-22#post-3288825
Should be like that on "Default format"

mazos

also this is my menu in playback devices,can someone explain that a1 install method pls?

Attachments

• rsz_3 (1).png
    rsz_3 (1).png
    154.8 KB · Views: 903

mazos

Hmm i did the a1 method menus appeared but i get only decode sound from z906 now..?

krezzykid

Alright, I got it to work using 2.75 drivers and A1.

My receiver gets the correct ac3 ddl and the dts signals. yet sadly I cannot configure 5.1. In the audio manager since I have no "speaker setup" tab and in the windows sound settings it won't let me configure "Realtek Digital Audio"(Optical) in order to set my speakers to 5.1.

so I get the compressed 5.1 sound but it adresses my 2.0 left and right speakers only

Where can I setup my speakers? Why do I not have the right tab? Why doesn't windows let me configure them?

any thoughts?

System Name Leviathan MK II
Processor i7 6700K
Motherboard Maximus VIII Hero
Cooling CM Nepton 240M
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2800 Memory
Video Card(s) 980 Ti Strix OC
Display(s) BenQ XL2420Z and XL2420G
Case CM 690 III
Power Supply CM V1000
Mouse G502
Keyboard G910
Software Windows 10
Alright, I got it to work using 2.75 drivers and A1.

My receiver gets the correct ac3 ddl and the dts signals. yet sadly I cannot configure 5.1. In the audio manager since I have no "speaker setup" tab and in the windows sound settings it won't let me configure "Realtek Digital Audio"(Optical) in order to set my speakers to 5.1.

so I get the compressed 5.1 sound but it adresses my 2.0 left and right speakers only

Where can I setup my speakers? Why do I not have the right tab? Why doesn't windows let me configure them?

any thoughts?

With the Realtek Audio Manager there is no speaker setup for digital outputs. The speaker configuration is handled by the decoding device / surround receiver as well as the audio source (for example if the game you are playing has a speaker setup/selection you want to set it to 5.1 surround)

Amazo

Is anyone trying this on buid 10130...?
Actually I'm using the optical output of my GA-Z87X-UD3H (Realtek ALC898) to the receiver.
Thinking to buy a Xonar DG to get this done without to much hassle... but Xonar DG to receiver..??? I don't know... any advice should be appreciated...

There is a version of Xonar with PCI Express x1 port or only PCI slot.
Thanks
I just tried, same behavior sewer56lol said.

predprey

does installing vanilla 2.75 and before work on windows 10? i.e. sound plays properly and there is no "failed to play test tone" error.
i'm asking this as realtek only officially added support for windows 10 in build 2.77. latest driver available now is 2.78.
i will "try" porting over 2bad's mod to the new driver when windows 10 is officially out, no promises here though.

Gnashes

Can confirm that A1 is working with R2.78 on my Asus Maximus VII Formula

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Test Mode On
2. Download R2.78 and replace the .dll in the file with the A1 .dll from the OP. (You'll have to change the .dll filename to include the "L")
3. Install R2.78 > Restart when requested > Complete Installation.
4. Regedit "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Audio". Add "DisableProtectedAudioDG" of DWORD (32bit value), Set Value to 1.
5. Test Mode Off
6. Restart your system.
7. Enjoy DDL without Test Mode, Disabling DSE, or any other hassles.

This was a necessary change for me due to recent changes in the BattlEye service for ArmA. Luckily, it worked on the first try without any issues.
Thanks to all who've posted and helped in this thread, you guys have been helping me out since January, and I hope that I can help someone else out with the steps above.

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Test Mode On
2. Download R2.78 and replace the .dll in the file with the A1 .dll from the OP. (You'll have to change the .dll filename to include the "L")
4. Regedit "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Audio". Add "DisableProtectedAudioDG" of DWORD (32bit value), Set Value to 1.
5. Test Mode Off
6. Restart your system.

This was a necessary change for me due to recent changes in the BattlEye service for ArmA. Luckily, it worked on the first try without any issues.
Thanks to all who've posted and helped in this thread, you guys have been helping me out since January, and I hope that I can help someone else out with the steps above.

I've managed to get it working with R2.78 and A1 method on my ALC1150 . What do you mean by: " (You'll have to change the .dll filename to include the "L") " .

Only problem is that like others i only get to choose DD or DTS from windows menu and not from realtek's control panel. But this is not game breaking ;)

PS, I haven't turned test mode on and off during installation.

I've managed to get it working with R2.78 and A1 method on my ALC1150 . What do you mean by: " (You'll have to change the .dll filename to include the "L") " .

Only problem is that like others i only get to choose DD or DTS from windows menu and not from realtek's control panel. But this is not game breaking ;)

PS, I haven't turned test mode on and off during installation.

Not sure how you got it working, because what Gnashes meant was this: http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...d-dts-interactive.193148/page-21#post-3269641

As of version 2.75 they have renamed the DLLs used in the A1 method which are needed during the install. But hey, if it's working, you must have done something right!

guess i was lucky, because i used a dll for 2.75, from someone in this topic ;-)

alperuzi

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Test Mode On
5. Test Mode Off
6. Restart your system.

Firstly, great to see this thread is still going :)

I upgraded to 8.1 recently and wanted to confirm these steps work! And its great to see that test mode does not need to stay on all the time!

Mosty

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Test Mode On
5. Test Mode Off
6. Restart your system.

I have an ALC1150 on my MSI motherboard. I tried the above procedure with both R2.78 and with the driver package from MSI(R2.77).
In both cases dolby digital and DTS encoding works fine, but if i play any 5.1 audio source, only 2 channel are encoded (tried with a few games and https://www2.iis.fraunhofer.de/AAC/multichannel.html).
As without this hack, if i play a preencoded DD 5.1 source it works fine, and i get sound from all my speakers.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

I have an ALC1150 on my MSI motherboard. I tried the above procedure with both R2.78 and with the driver package from MSI(R2.77).
In both cases dolby digital and DTS encoding works fine, but if i play any 5.1 audio source, only 2 channel are encoded (tried with a few games and https://www2.iis.fraunhofer.de/AAC/multichannel.html).
As without this hack, if i play a preencoded DD 5.1 source it works fine, and i get sound from all my speakers.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

i have to conform that Mosty is right :(

I have msi motherboard too and ALC1150 and my back satellites doesn't work. When i bitstream dts/dd though s/pdif using media player classic Lav's audio decoder everything works ok...

Mosty

i have to conform that Mosty is right :(

I have msi motherboard too and ALC1150 and my back satellites doesn't work. When i bitstream dts/dd though s/pdif using media player classic Lav's audio decoder everything works ok...

Thank you for your update mdd.
Now I've tried with R2.76 and it gave me the same problem. However when using R2.71 it works perfectly!!!! R2.71 shouldn't even support ALC1150 as far as i can see.
It's not easy to find the old driver version, and i haven't been able to find R2.73 or R2.75. Does anyone know where these can be found? I would off cause prefer to use the latest driver where i can get the hack to work.

Anyhow, Great success. I'm finally able to use all my speakers over TOSLINK. I missed this for about 5-10 years :))))))))) Thanks to everybody who have worked on this.

Just tested R2.75 and does the same as R2.78 :-(

Going to try 2.73 and 2.71

Thank you for your update mdd.
Now I've tried with R2.76 and it gave me the same problem. However when using R2.71 it works perfectly!!!! R2.71 shouldn't even support ALC1150 as far as i can see.
It's not easy to find the old driver version, and i haven't been able to find R2.73 or R2.75. Does anyone know where these can be found? I would off cause prefer to use the latest driver where i can get the hack to work.

Anyhow, Great success. I'm finally able to use all my speakers over TOSLINK. I missed this for about 5-10 years :))))))))) Thanks to everybody who have worked on this.

I tried 2.71, 2.72 and 2.73 with A1 method and nothing seems to work. Rear satellites are silent. :(

What exactly have you done to get it working?

Mosty

I tried 2.71, 2.72 and 2.73 with A1 method and nothing seems to work. Rear satellites are silent. :(

What exactly have you done to get it working?

First of, I'm using Windows 7 SP1 - 64bit and my Motherboard is a MSI 970 Gaming.

I used the procedure from a few posts up, exactly as written except that i used the R2.71 driver that i downloaded from here.
The hacked .dll i used was the A1 download from the first post.

To enable "Test Mode" I used the command(as Administrator and booting windows afterwards):
bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

To disable "Test Mode" I used the command(as Administrator and booting windows afterwards):
bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF

If using the fraunhofer multichannel test to verify, which is an easy method, you should use a supported browser. I used IE 11, as firefox isn't supported.

For games that do not provide an option to configure the number of speakers and instead ask Windows for the number of speakers, it seems that Windows still report 2 speakers. This was an issue with Arma III, and I guess a lot of other games.
This can be solved using the procedure here.

Hope that helps.

Last edited: