• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

Paholainen

Try the A1 method, make sure you add the DWORD in the Windows Register and disable Driver Signature Check before installing.
That's what I did. However it still asks about unsigned drivers. I answer "yes" on it to install

Just to be sure on the value 1, it is the Hex value in edit?

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name hp OMEN X 900-000NX
Processor Intel Core i7-6700K
Motherboard hp Munich-S Z170
Cooling Asetek liquid cooling
Memory 32 GB DDR4-2133 Hynix
Video Card(s) hp GTX1080 Founders
Storage 256GB M2 Samsung (system)+ 1GB SSD WD BLUE edition GAMING(2x500 RAID 0 config)+2TB SATA (storage)
Display(s) LG TV 43 UJ670V active HDR
Case hp OMEN desktop X 900
Audio Device(s) ASUS XONAR DSX (Active) ,SBZ (inactive), onboard Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Keyboard SteelSeries hp OMEN
Software Windows10 64bit hp OMEN edition
ok I switched to DDL just for testing purpose in games , all I can say it works all the same as DTS..at least for games I play . Cod Ghost . CODAW , Eurotruck2 , do you guys also have Realtek Media Control pannel , because I dont have and for some time I'm suspicious abut that control panel somehow interfere with the 5.1 in a funny way .

Go to Run, Regedit.exe then navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - Software - Microsoft - Windows NT - Current Version - CurrentBuild

I have the same issues as some others. With build 10586.3 I can see Dolby and DTS in my sound settings. When using the test Dolby option I hear the sound independently in each speaker and my it is receiving Dolby. However, I cannot get a single game or app including VLC to output in Dolby. It only works for that one specific test tone. Any ideas?
I got 10586.3 and everything is working, VLC is playing every format I throw at it.

Windows Media Player is NOT putting out ANY audio on DDL/DTS files, but puts out DDL/DTS sound on any Stereo file.

I think most people are testing the ddl dts in the wrong section, that will always work, your meant to test in the advanced section, not in the supported format section, that means nothing.

Storage 256GB M2 Samsung (system)+ 1GB SSD WD BLUE edition GAMING(2x500 RAID 0 config)+2TB SATA (storage)
Audio Device(s) ASUS XONAR DSX (Active) ,SBZ (inactive), onboard Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
I got 10586.3 and everything is working, VLC is playing every format I throw at it.

Windows Media Player is NOT putting out ANY audio on DDL/DTS files, but puts out DDL/DTS sound on any Stereo file.

WMP issue . I'm not using I also do not attend to ..however I use Power DVD 15 and no problems at all

rahan

Finally I'am getting 5.1 on windows 10. What I did is quite simple; just as said, nothing! I updated the windows to 10586.3 and installed latest realtek drivers. If you try to play the test audio on default player you get stereo, but if you play it on WMP you get that lovely voice from all channels :) Also it's interesting that i can't see any settings related with 5.1 under the options for "playback devices".

What default player are you on about ?, windows 10 has always given us 5.1 in movies, its games it has not.

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Finally I'am getting 5.1 on windows 10. What I did is quite simple; just as said, nothing! I updated the windows to 10586.3 and installed latest realtek drivers. If you try to play the test audio on default player you get stereo, but if you play it on WMP you get that lovely voice from all channels :) Also it's interesting that i can't see any settings related with 5.1 under the options for "playback devices".

Nop, It doesn't work that way , what you are talking about is SUPPORTED FORMATS that never was an issue what we are here after is DTS INTERACTIVE & DOLBY DIGITAL LIVE under ADVANCED DEFAULT PROFILE. If its not there and how you describe your installation it is not for sure so it doesn't work for you .

rahan

@dvojinov Yes but before updating i did'nt get a single sound from rear channels, now it looks okay. Just to be sure i played crysis 3 and MGSV and i can hear sound from all.

@Daytrader I don't know the name of the player, may be groove? I did't install any players or codec yet so its the one which shows up by default when you play any media.

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
@dvojinov Yes but before updating i did'nt get a single sound from rear channels, now it looks okay. Just to be sure i played crysis 3 and MGSV and i can hear sound from all.

@Daytrader I don't know the name of the player, may be groove? I did't install any players or codec yet so its the one which shows up by default when you play any media.

well good for you then , if you don't pursue DTS I/DDL then you are OK I guess .

How do you connect your surround sound, hdmi/cables or optical ?

For those that have DTS Connect working correctly:

Does the master volume for the WIndows sound mixer (that controls overall Realtek Optical output) is also supposed affect the volume for an application that outputs multi-channel audio?

When I try to change the master mixer volume for Realtek Optical output, it does NOT affect the volume of the application with multichannel audio.

I have to specifically turn down the audio volume of the application using the legacy sound mixer (or via Ear Trumpet for the modern OSD)

Under Win8.x, I was able to control the volume of the multichannel audio App (along with everything else) by using the master volume only (which is what I would expect).

Also, I noticed that under DTS Connect test tones, once in a while it will complain that there's another application taking control of the audio, would I like to take control back? If I say yes, then, I can do the test tones. Exactly what's taking control of the audio device? This is on a completely new Windows 10 Pro install (Build 10586.3)

Maybe the two issues are related? Anyone experience this?

Does the master volume for the WIndows sound mixer (that controls overall Realtek Optical output) is also supposed affect the volume for an application that outputs multi-channel audio?

When I try to change the master mixer volume for Realtek Optical output, it does NOT affect the volume of the application with multichannel audio.

I have to specifically turn down the audio volume of the application using the legacy sound mixer (or via Ear Trumpet for the modern OSD)

Under Win8.x, I was able to control the volume of the multichannel audio App (along with everything else) by using the master volume only (which is what I would expect).

Also, I noticed that under DTS Connect test tones, once in a while it will complain that there's another application taking control of the audio, would I like to take control back? If I say yes, then, I can do the test tones. Exactly what's taking control of the audio device? This is on a completely new Windows 10 Pro install (Build 10586.3)

Maybe you had a browser window open where on some sites some animation or video ad with sound starts running on it's own. That will take control over the sound output device at that moment.

Do you get to hear all test tones from all speakers when you chouse dts connect, or just left and right, i only get test tones from left and right, are you sure your chousing the right place to test, as in control panel when you press the speaker icon, there are to tabs, its Advanced tab you need not the Supported formats tab, i doubt you get all test tones coming from all speakers from the advanced tab.

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
it does work on my system with DTS I

Im almost certain it didn't work before and I don't quite like it as I don't like the fact that too many devices control audio output , it may lead to over boosted signal .

it does work on my system with DTS I
DTS is different to DTS connect, i think this is where alot of people are going wrong, just because DTS and DD works dont mean DTS Connect Interactive or Dolby Digital Live is working correctly, it needs to come out of all 5 or 7 speakers in advanced settings when you test, and it dont, it comes out of just left and right.

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
wel I do have DTS Interactive only as I don't have the Realtek Audio Manager it doesn't work for my msiGT72 as of W10

I hear left\right test tones (like I should). If anyone can answer my question about the Windows mixer master volume, I'd really appreciate it!

Not sure I'll check next time. I'm actually very interested in knowing the answer to my first question...

Maybe you had a browser window open where on some sites some animation or video ad with sound starts running on it's own. That will take control over the sound output device at that moment.
Do you get to hear all test tones from all speakers when you chouse dts connect, or just left and right, i only get test tones from left and right, are you sure your chousing the right place to test, as in control panel when you press the speaker icon, there are to tabs, its Advanced tab you need not the Supported formats tab, i doubt you get all test tones coming from all speakers from the advanced tab.

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620

Thanks for the Trumpet , quite handy you can do the same by opening VOLUME MIXER however its much faster an cozy with the Trumpet :)

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
just to confirm COD Black ops III works beautifully , the sound is amazing . 5.1 better then ever

DTS interactive, what software gives you that option ? what sound card and drivers you using.

I cant get shadow of mordor or bioshock infinet or either of the metro games to work in surround

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
no software gives me that option its hardware on a driver level , always has been , it comes available with modified drivers , ppl do you actually understand what you are looking for ?
If you don't have it this way in REALTEK DIGITAL OUTPUT PROPERTIES ..it wont work DAYTRADER what do you here in ADVANCED > DEFAULT FORMAT selected ??
and my HW , I don't know how many time I wrote it :
gaming laptop msi Gt72 2Qe Dominator Pro
AUDIO: onboard Realtek ALC-892

Can someone who has already installed the 2.79 M1 unlocked drivers on build 10586 successfully to please check to see you have the below issue?

"I think this is similar to my issue. I can change volume from the Realtek HD Audio Manger fine. But if I use the Windows Volume it does not change all the channels. If you open the balance control under Levels tab of the windows sound properties you can see the volume is all off with -db values for many of the channels. Only way to reset is by going back to Realtek app and change volume again. Then it works correctly.Under Win8.x, I was able to control the volume of the multichannel audio App (along with everything else) by using the master volume only (which is what I would expect). I have to specifically turn down the audio volume of the application using the legacy sound mixer (or via Ear Trumpet for the modern OSD)When I try to change the master mixer volume for Realtek Optical output, it does NOT affect the volume of the application with multichannel audio. Does the master volume for the WIndows sound mixer (that controls overall Realtek Optical output) is also supposed affect the volume for an application that outputs multi-channel audio?For those that have DTS Connect working correctly:"