1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocking Club3D 6950 2GB CoolStream

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by BC00, Feb 19, 2012.

1. BC00 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Got today my Club3D and started unlocking procedure. Extracted default BIOS with RBE and noticed that it already came with 6950->6970 option, but GPU-Z shows only 1408 shaders.
    Tried 2x Club3D 6970 BIOSes and one Sapphire but after flashing them after restart got blank screen. it seems that I have unlucky 6950?

Attached Files:

2. kuchety New Member

Thanks Received:
  3. Gunther New Member

Thanks Received:
    I also have a Club3D Radeon 6950 HD 2GB Card. I am trying to flash it for several days now. I tried using the Atiwinflash program but than it says 'ID mismatch' every time i used Atiwinflash. I used several different 6970 HD 2GB bios'es but i got the ID mismatch every single time.
    Than i tried flashing my card with the manual DOS flash. Also using Atiwinflash but than executed from the windows DOS prompt. That worked fine, the flashing i mean. But when i rebooted i got black screen every time.
    Luckely i have two bios'es on my card so i can switch to number 2 and than reboot my pc and set the first bios back to the one that worked. Also using the Dos atiwinflash. Because when i flash my original Bios back to my card Atiwinflash says also 'ID mismatch', what is rather strange. Don't you think?
    Does anybody have an idea on how i could make it work? Or do i have the one card that is not unlockable?

4. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    2.5 year old thread? You may have to do it with a command prompt and use the /f (force) command which should sort out the mismatch problem.

Gunther says thanks.