1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unreal Tournament 3 + AGEIA PhysX Sneak Peek

Discussion in 'News' started by malware, Aug 23, 2007.

1. malware New Member

Thanks Received:
    AGEIA published today cinematic trailer showing the capabilities of Unreal Tournament 3 engine when played with PhysX card.
    Click here to watch the sneak peek movie.

Source: AGEIA

2. effmaster

effmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    LOL amazing and il bet that since this is only alpha footage the physics will look even better in their final stages of production lol but its already looking sweet. Having a tornadoe move around during a multiplayer match would be a unique twist.

3. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    It looks nice, but I don't see it being worth buying a $150 card for. And I don't see anything that can't be done with a Quad-Core if they wanted to.

Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  4. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Great.. if I didnt already have enough to worry about with plasma rifles, snipers, tanks, lava, redeemers etc..I now have to make sure a bloody tornado doesnt catch me! At least me diving behind cover like I used to do in UT GOTYE wont all be in vain anymore. Its still not looking like the original UT gameplay enough for my liking atm though. The original UT you could really employ tactics well because the levels and weapons allowed for it, and there was no gay "superman" abilities. As for the Physics, looks great. A proper implementation and not tacky bolt-ons. Still, it has to be pondered if in reality there will be that much difference between using and not using a Physx card, currently I'm thinking there won't be.

5. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith

Thanks Received:
    LOL........

yeah i still play the old UT:GOTY with the bots on max difficulty. For some reason the old game is more appealing and fun to play. Though i do like UT2004 but its not as much as fun.

6. Benpi New Member

Thanks Received:
    Will Ageia just stop with their lame physX card already? We don't need it or want it.

Edit: I just saw the video.... It's nothing that Half-Life2 Ep:2 or Crysis can't do without the card anyway.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2007
  7. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    if you want all the niceties and prettiness, the card makes sense. I just dont see a viable game that HAS to have it....yet.

8. effmaster

effmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    How do you know that Crysis wont support it it hAS BEEN IN DEVELOPMENT FOR A RATHER GOOD TIME:cry::cry::cry:

9. Corrosion

Corrosion New Member

Thanks Received:
    ^^^ OH! PLease dont say that!

10. effmaster

effmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    Why not:confused::confused::confused: what are you saying to me not to say that Crysis may support Ageia or that Crysis has been in development as long as it has?

11. Corrosion

Corrosion New Member

Thanks Received:
    the phys-x part. i wanna be able to see al that nice crap without having to buy one of those.

12. effmaster

effmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    you still can it probably just wouldnt look as good and thats the whole point of PHysX to help with the computational bogdowns that come from the processor and graphics card trying to render physics especially really good physics.

With Physx developers can now VERY realistically create fire and have it burn properly in a game

13. ex_reven New Member

Thanks Received:
    Global Hurricane Tycoon 2007 :roll:

14. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Yup. Original UT ftw :cool: epic should of kept the gameplay as it was in UT and just added stuff an improved graphics.

15. gR3iF

gR3iF New Member

Thanks Received:
    i dont get the fact why amd and nvidia didnt jump of the thing. A normal gpu with a special driver could do the things physics cards are known for.

16. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith

Thanks Received:
    By what been said on the net the Physx car will be used when using the Extreme (or equivalent) setting for setting the Physx bar in the game. So you guys should not really worry that you need the card to play the game.