1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Upcoming H20 Loop - what do you think?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by kyle2020, Dec 14, 2008.

1. kyle2020 Guest

Alright guys, heres what i have planned for parts, and a brief dilema im having.

Parts:

Thermochill PA120.2 + 2 Yate Loon Mediums

D-Tek Fuzion

dB-1 Pump (silent + pretty powerful for its size)

Reservoir: Swiftech MCRES (gorgeous little reservoir if you ask me)

1/2" Tubing (Tygon)

So, coupled with a Q6600 / E7200, how do we think this loop will cope? apparently those Thermochills are the best radiators out there, am I right?

Right, heres my dilema: Layout. Im struggling deciding where to mount both the pump and the res. Heres what i have in mind:

[​IMG]

If i did it this way, i would have to move the pump down to the case floor, and remove the bottom 12cm fan to make room. I could, however, try and mount it to the mesh like shown in the picture, but that will be looked at when i get everything.

Alternatively, I could go with an EK Multioption Res and have a loop similar to this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What do you think?

All advice, criticisms and photo's appreciated! :toast:

2. kyle2020 Guest

bump - I need some thoughts! I want to get some small bits ordered this week (possibly the res and barbs, maybe the fans)

Come on people! Also, if im using 1/2" tubing, itll be a squeeze but I can use 1/2" barbs right? Ill just struggle getting them on :D

Also, whats 1/2" tubing like for flow and so on?

3. crtecha

crtecha New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think it looks good. I cant wait to start water cooling. Just saving up to get a better mobo and probably a phenom :)