1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Update BIOS of Asus EAH6970 DCII to support UEFI GOP?

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by m0nKeY, Dec 26, 2012.

1. m0nKeY New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi,

I'm new here at this Forum, so let me first introduce my self a little bit. I'm from Germany and working as electronics and software developer. Hope this is enough information about me for my first post. :D

I just updated my Asrock Z68 Extrem4 Gen3 to support Win8 Ultra Fast Boot and the short after that to recognize that my graphics-card EAH6970 DCII doesn't support UEFI GOP...

Is there any possibility to update the BIOS of my graphics-card to add the UEFI GOP feature?

Greetings
    m0nKeY
  2. m0nKeY New Member

Thanks Received:
    Can no one tell me something about that?
  3. animal007uk

Thanks Received:
    I tryed to do a bit of reserch for you and all i can gather is this.
    Inless one has been made by the manufacturer of your card then i would say your out of luck.
    It also seems like a lot of cards do not suport it and if they do it's usualy disabled from what i have been reading.

I can't seem to find anything that will help, Sorry.
  4. The Mac

Thanks Received:
    for those who are unaware, GOP is basically the UEFI replacment for VESA. It has to be coded in the VGA bios, however, its pretty big, and a lot of cards dont have large enough flash memories to contain it..

Contact Asus, they should let you know weather they plan on making a hybrid bios for your card....
    Law-II says thanks.