1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Update my eMachine!

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by Eric_Cartman, Aug 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dent1

Thanks Received:

Did your parents raise you to talk with such foul language? Did they sit you infront of the TV and let South Park bring you up. That type of language not only shows a lack of class but it shows a complete disrespect for people that are trying to help you.

Well, when you have a shoe string budget you lose the ability to be selective and get luxury products. Get a job, make some money, increase your budget and you'll have enough for a good case, until then you'll have to settle.

Again saying the word "shit" in a public forum shows your parents lack of parenting and disrespects all the members that were trying to help you.

So the last 2-3hrs I haven't been here researching and posting links, I could of been reading a book, in bed sleeping, promoting my start-up company..yet I'm here.

You mean a better CPU, DDR3, a socket which isn’t dead, upgradability to X6 and potentially AMD Bulldozer.
    Conflict0s says thanks.
  2. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    leaking caps... emachine logo.. hmm

step one.. Garbage

step two.. stop being a 15 year old douchebag

lemme know when thats done
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
  3. Eric_Cartman

Eric_Cartman

Thanks Received:
    So you can't prove you point then?

Instead you want to worry about my foul language.

Sorry but adults cuss if you don't like it go back to your G rated movies.

If you are going to post and say things back them up.

You have failed to do so.

And no I mean marginally better CPU, useless but more expensive DDR3, a socket that is pretty much dead on a motherboard that can't support better processors anyway, and no overclocking potential thanks to no case airflow and no aftermarket cooler and a motherboard that can't handle a CPU that draws more than 95w.

Oh and the upgradability to an X6 is kind of pointless when the board you picked won't support anything over 95w.

And of course the 440 you want me to use is also 95w already.

So again no overclocking potential.

I really don't see how you see this build as better than the Intel one using the processor I already have.:rolleyes:
  4. Dent1

Thanks Received:

Iam not worried about your language, because it only makes you look A.) part handicapped and B.) a working class person whom is actually part of societies underclass.

Ok I fail, because I refuse to assist you select parts when you've shown no gratitude so far.

Urrm, DDR2 and DDR3 is priced almost the same, so the correct word is "relatively more expensive".

Urrm. How is socket AM3 dead, if AM3 is dead then what is socket 775?

You an buy case fans for as little as $2, stock cooling is fine for a small overclock and a aftermarket cooler can be bought at a later date, what a poor excuse.

And actually the Phenom II X6 comes in a 95W variant (part number HDT55TWFK6DGR)

Actually its "up to 95W". The Phenom II X6 can be had in 95W too so you've got a nice little upgrade path, can not say the same about socket 775 :)

I can not speak bout the Biostar board specifically but AMD 770 chipsets were known to be decent overclockers generally speaking before the 785 chipsets came along, do your research.

The idea wasn’t to convince you, the idea was to make you aware of your options. Job done. I have no inhibitions to sway you from socket 775 as you've clearly made up your mind.
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
  5. Eric_Cartman

Eric_Cartman

Thanks Received:
    Yes I grew up with a working class father who worked his ass off to make ends meet and make sure I was able to go to college and get a good job so I don't have to break my back every day just to barely put food on the table.

I know those working class people are below us all because we are frankly better than everyone, right?:rolleyes:

No you have failed to prove your comments because even with your best attempt which is like your third you have still failed to show that a good build that fits my needs can be made with an X3 or X4 under a budget of $460.

Your last attempt was still over budget and it has a extremely poor quality motherboard and an extremely poor case.

If I wanted a poor motherboard and a poor quality case with no cooling I would just go buy another eMachines.

And I'm being serious here your builds are what I would expect from a pre-built.

The quality of the components are right at the same level of what you find in pre-builts.

More expensive is more expensive.

If something is relatively more expensive then it is more expensive also.

So the correct wording is "more expensive".

At this point AM3 and 775 are both dead.

Bulldozer will not be AM3 compatible AMD has already confirmed that.

And main point was that the motherboard you picked can't really support new processors anyway.

The cheapest 120mm fan is $7 shipped on newegg.

So you want me to add that cost to your already over budget build?

Do you understand what a budget is?

You are right it does come in a 95w variant.

Of course it wouldn't be able to overclock in the board you picked.

And it still seems like game don't even use the 6 cores.

In fact it seems games hardly use more than 2 cores still.

Maybe you should be doing some research and deciding how important an X6 really is.:rolleyes:

So I can put one X6 in it.

Ok.

The same can be said about 775 because I can put a Q9650 in the board I bought if I wanted.

An guess what the Q9650 outperforms the 1055T in games!:eek::shadedshu

So I'm so glad your option would give me the slim upgrading path to an X6 that in the end performs worse then the upgrade path of 775.

Good job!

That AMD build is certainly turning out to be a winner.:rolleyes:

Let me give you a little hint.

When it says "up to 95w" and you put a 95w processor in it overclocking is out of the question.

Because when you overclock the power draw of the processor goes up.

So if the power draw starts at 95w and the board will only support up to 95w any overclocking will likely kill the board in short order.

I have no doubt that the 770 chipset is capable but that was not why I said the motherboard and your build has no overclocking potential.

Then make me aware.

Show me it is possible.

You haven't done it yet.

You haven't even shown me a build that fits my needs for under $460 like you said was possible.

Ever build you have done has been over budget.

And not only have I made up my mind but I've already bought and assembled the parts and am typing this from the new computer as we speak.

Something you would know if you actually read some of my posts.

And it is painfully obvious that you don't read posts before going off and making comments.

Because it is obvious that you didn't read my original post before commenting and made a comment not taking in consideration that I needed a Blu-Ray player and burner.

Then you continued to show the fact that you didn't read any of my posts by telling me to re-use hardware that was part of the new build in my updated system specs instead of realizing that I was upgrading from an eMachines despite that being the title of the thread.

You keep telling me to do research but you don't even read the posts with important information about the build and what is needed.

Then you comment that a Celeron E3200 is going to struggle with modern games when it plays modern games just fine when overclocked.
  6. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    Im just gonna report this thread and be done with it... dont ask for help next time.
  7. mudkip

mudkip

Thanks Received:
    Yeah right fatass we all know your mom gives you money and I've never seen you studying in class.

-Kyle
  8. xrealm20

xrealm20 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I seconds that ... there's no need in berating someone who was just trying to help.
  9. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    Buy a newer HP, put a 5770 in it. Should be within your budget.
  10. DonInKansas

DonInKansas

Thanks Received:
    The Corsair 400W is fine.

/thread
  11. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The bitching, pointing fingers, name calling isn't acceptible. Since some of you can't behave yourselves this thread is closed.