• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[update/resolved] Newegg refuses to show my negative review

Processor Intel Q9400
Motherboard asus p5q-pro
Cooling Ultra120
Memory 6GB ddr2
Video Card(s) NVS 290
Storage 3TB + 1.5TB
Display(s) Samsung F2380
Case Silverstone Fortress FT02B
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi
Power Supply 750W PC P&C
Software win 7 ultimate 64bit
This is an update to the thread that was closed... :shadedshu:

It took newegg a while to reply to me, but they did and once they did, every next reply after that was fast. They were very nice and very helpful.

They explained why the review wasn't posted. Apparently, I made a mistake of focusing too much on the failed rebate process, rather than the product itself. (which is true) While I still feel like if the rebate is the part of the deal, i pretty much pay to write whatever review i want. But i can see how some ppl would feel otherwise.

Newegg even offered to step in and help with the rebate process. So... yeah, i am definitely happy with their service.

System Name Barb's Domain
Processor i9 10850k 5.1GHz all cores
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool Assassin III
Memory 2*16gig Corsair LPX DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) RTX 4080 FE
Storage 500gb Samsung 980 Pro M2 SSD, 500GB WD Blue SATA SSD, 2TB Seagate Hybrid SSHD
Display(s) Dell - S3222DGM 32" 2k Curved/ASUS VP28UQG 28" 4K (ran at 2k), Sanyo 75" 4k TV
Case SilverStone Fortress FT04
Audio Device(s) Bose Companion II speakers, Corsair - HS70 PRO headphones
Power Supply Corsair RM850x (2021)
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech Orion Spectrum G910
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/34962882
and that is why everyone says Newegg is the best.

System Name SnowFire / The Reinforcer
Processor i7 10700K 5.1ghz (24/7) / 2x Xeon E52650v2
Motherboard Asus Strix Z490 / Dell Dual Socket (R720)
Cooling RX 360mm + 140mm Custom Loop / Dell Stock
Memory Corsair RGB 16gb DDR4 3000 CL 16 / DDR3 128gb 16 x 8gb
Video Card(s) GTX Titan XP (2025mhz) / Asus GTX 950 (No Power Connector)
Storage Samsung 970 1tb NVME and 2tb HDD x4 RAID 5 / 300gb x8 RAID 5
Display(s) Acer XG270HU, Samsung G7 Odyssey (1440p 240hz)
Case Thermaltake Cube / Dell Poweredge R720 Rack Mount Case
Audio Device(s) Realtec ALC1150 (On board)
Power Supply Rosewill Lightning 1300Watt / Dell Stock 750 / Brick
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Logitech G19S
Software Windows 11 Pro / Windows Server 2016
Newegg has great customer service, they have helped me many time in the past with only 1 time they did not resolve the issue for me in the end. 2 times I have had them fix orders where the system cancelled my order (Both times I had shell shockers and other deals that had ended the day before) and they honored/improved the price (If it got cheaper) on the items in question. In fact the only time they didn't resolve it for me which I cannot really say was completely their fault was when I ordered a Asus GTX 590 they cancelled my order 2 days later for no reason that I could discern and when I called them immediately they said that was the only one left and could not get me another.

One of the main reason I almost always order from newegg if I am ordering online.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
This is an update to the thread that was closed... :shadedshu:

It took newegg a while to reply to me, but they did and once they did, every next reply after that was fast. They were very nice and very helpful.

They explained why the review wasn't posted. Apparently, I made a mistake of focusing too much on the failed rebate process, rather than the product itself. (which is true) While I still feel like if the rebate is the part of the deal, i pretty much pay to write whatever review i want. But i can see how some ppl would feel otherwise.

Newegg even offered to step in and help with the rebate process. So... yeah, i am definitely happy with their service.

I'm glad they have finally resolved it, but I can see their side of things easily. The reason is, I go to user reviews to see how a product performs and any noted problems. I have never made a purchase based on a rebate, so I usually skip over the rebate reviews, because they don't tell me about the product itself. And that's I think, what Newegg feels the focus should be on too, since they have no control over the rebate process.

the fact they are willing to step in and help you with that process is commendable, though, and I'm glad you and they have reached an agreement!

Newegg has great customer service,

Be glad they were good to you. I recently had NewEgg customer service tell me to send a new PSU in to be refurbished by the manufacturer less then 24 hours after I got it. They also told me they would not replace it. Gave me a RMA for a refund, and will not refund the money. Now they have both the cash and the item. The PSU tested bad with a paperclip, tester, and two computers.

After this I'm not sure if NewEgg is worth buying anything from anymore.

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
Be glad they were good to you. I recently had NewEgg customer service tell me to send a new PSU in to be refurbished by the manufacturer less then 24 hours after I got it. They also told me they would not replace it. Gave me a RMA for a refund, and will not refund the money. Now they have both the cash and the item. The PSU tested bad with a paperclip, tester, and two computers.

After this I'm not sure if NewEgg is worth buying anything from anymore.

There is a Newegg Rep that comes to these forums. @Newegg_Service Maybe he can help you get that sorted out.

New here. Glad to hear you had your problem resolved. From the sounds of it they took care of it pretty quickly too.