1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Updating Bios in Windows 7

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by 3link, Mar 11, 2010.

1. 3link New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey all,

I just installed Windows 7 on Saturday, and since then I've been getting these Stop 3b errors. I called MS. They say I should update my Bios.

My motherboard -> EP45-UD3P

Manufacturer's website ->http://www.giga-byte.com/Support/Motherboard/BIOS_Model.aspx?ProductID=3137

They don't seem to offer the BOIS update in 64 bit format. I simply can't run the program. Is there some super secret way to update BIOS from 64 bit that I'm unaware of?

I can't imagine that making a boot disk out of the file would do the trick. Would it?

2. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    go to GB and grab the latest bios and put it on a thumb drive.

Restart the PC load bios defaults, restart again and hit the home key when you get the splash screen, that will get you to the onboard bios utility.

Just follow the prompts and search the thumb drive for the bios name and let the board do its magic.

3link says thanks.
  3. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    as sneeky has said, there is a button you can press right after powering the machine on to take you to a Q-flash (or was it EZ flash?) menu that lets you update off a USB flash drive.

3link says thanks.
  4. 3link New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the help :) I hope this resolves my stop error issue.

Say I don't own a flash drive. Can I update from a DVD? I suppose I can buy one easily enough, but why waste the expense when I have like 40 blank dvds lying around?

5. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    i'm not sure. it should be possible.

a CD would be cheaper...