1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Updating BIOS with EVGA NF680i SLI Mobo

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Flava0ne, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Flava0ne

Flava0ne

Thanks Received:
    I just downloaded the latest P33 BIOS for my EVGA NF680i SLI Mobo from the EVGA website and I seem to have forgotten how to update my BIOS.

So after downloading the P33 BIOS .bin file, I place it on a floppy disk. Then I reboot into my BIOS and select my floppy drive as the first bootable device. After saving my changes I reboot into my floppy disk. On the A drive command prompt, I type in the BIOS file name, NF68_P33.bin and hit Enter. But it keeps telling me that command or filename is not recognized. I thought I knew how to update my BIOS because I've done it before, but I guess I forgot how to. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

2. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    yup you need to create a bootable floppy using windows then copy awdflash.exe and NF86_P33.bin to the floppy then at the prompt type awdflash.exe and the rest is self explanitory but if i were you id stay away from P33 i just did it less than an hour ago and my 680i is nukin futs i cant install windows at all BSODS during loading windows files from disk..the partial install alrady on the HDD BSODS i cant get anything to work rediculous....o and i have the same exact board as you.

Flava0ne says thanks.
  3. Flava0ne

Flava0ne

Thanks Received:
    I won't install the P33 BIOS update then, thanks for the heads up! Also, did you notice on the EVGA website where you downloaded the BIOS update that there wasn't any notes on this update? Weird.

4. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    they took away sli memory support with 4 sticks of ram and i uess the update really screws up oem build that activate windows through "bios check" though these might not affect you lot of people are having sata issus BSOD issues installation isues and stability issues iv searched and searched but no mention of a p34 anyware not even a beta