• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Upgrade 780m problem

Processor Intel® Celeron® Processor G1101
Motherboard Supermicro® MBD-C7SIM-Q-B
Memory 8 GB Silicon Power SP004GBLTU133N02/W02
Video Card(s) Sapphire FirePro™ 2270 + AMD Radeon™ HD 8740
Storage 1000 GB Toshiba P300 HDWD110UZSVA
Display(s) 29" LG 29UM57-P
Case Chieftec LBX-02B-U3
Power Supply 650W XFX XXX Edition (P1-650X-XXB9)
Software Windows Server 2016
^ this, first check physical like the psu.

next i would try a live usb stick with ubuntu on it (that way you don't reformat your pc and you can at least check on the hardware)

if ubuntu see's the card then i would reinstall windows as it might be something dll/driver that is corrupted
There's no chance Ubuntu will see cards such as GTX 780M. Man. What are you talking about...
I would be surprised if it would recognize at least something like 945GMS (and it doesn't at the moment, I'm telling you, it says it's "Unknown" and you can't benefit from hardware acceleration in any scenario, like watching YouTube at least at 360p or something).
Linux is officially the worst way to check whether your hardware is alive or not, because FOSS drivers usually provide only basic functionality and only for the >10% of existing hardware. Installing proprietary ones usually ends up in permanent black screen at boot if you happen to make any mistake, and you probably will - every single guide about installing AMD/NVIDIA drivers in Linux is outdated or just not clear enough to make anything good happen.