1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

upgrade antennas

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by RaPiDo987, Apr 2, 2010.

1. RaPiDo987

RaPiDo987 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey Guys!

I recently bought a Linksys WAP54G router and loaded it up with DD wrt to use it as a client bridge. I am getting 50% signal from my host router and wondering if I upgrade the antennas to these would it increase my reception? Every time I steam from Netflix I get different resulotions and it is not consistent. Both of the routers are in the living room...

Thanks

2. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    To be honest your problems with netflix are more likely caused by your internet connection than your wireless network. The antennas are slightly bigger you could get better reception but who knows if that would translate to any noticeable gains in throughput. I wouldn't expect any miracles, but for $9 it wouldn't hurt to give it a try.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  3. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    i agree with polaris. however, if netflix keeps changing resolutions depending on which movie you load up increasing your reception from 50% to maybe 80% would probably eliminate that problem. also, have you checked in the netflix settings? can't you hard set what res you want to view at?

Crunching for Team TPU