1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Upgrade itch - 470 Twin Frozr II

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Jasper005, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Jasper005 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi guys, I've got the upgrade itch, dunno why but its probably cause my 260 has been getting hot and making a stupid amount of noise despite cleaning the dust out.

At the moment I'm toying with the idea of a MSI GeForce GTX 470 Twin Frozr II. I'm willing to pay a bit more for a non stock cooler so I can keep the temp and noise down (my 260 sounds like its going to take off).

I guess the other alternative is the HD 6870, but the price difference doesn't bother me too much an I'm guessing the frozr will eliminate some of its advantages?

So a couple of questions - I'm assuming my power supply is OK as it exceeds the specs.

Will I get the full advantage of the upgrade out of it with my CPU? I can't over clock it because it hates my motherboard! (if any one has the same CPU/ MB combo and managed to get it to O/C at all let me know!)

I'm planning to upgrade to I7 at some point next year so was thinking I might sli 2 of these.

Has anyone seen any reviews of the 470 frozr? In 460 version the cooler gets a great mark up but I cant find an equivalent for the 470.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated!

Thanks

2. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    your mobo+cpu is great. go for it!

3. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    I have the copper version which actually performs the same as the aluminum. Really good cooler with fans that can be very quiet... or very loud if you crank them up in stress testing. Good to have that range.

4. the54thvoid

the54thvoid

Thanks Received:
  5. Jasper005 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks guys, that Gigabyte SOC looks like its the way to go!