1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Upgrading platform, now or later?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Searz, Oct 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    Just get the best one you can afford whether you need it or not, that way it will be good enough for whatever you need.

MxPhenom 216 says thanks.
  2. Searz

Thanks Received:
    I think the both of you need to have a long read of the OP. Read it several times even, because you're clearly reading it wrong somehow.
    Also read the link to the whole Nvidia Redemption thing I posted.
    Then tell me: did I ask whether to buy the 4670 or 4770?
    No, I don't, and you'd know that if you actually read my OP. There are two main questions there, none of which you have even tried to answer..

3. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    It would have been OK that we read your vaguely post and added in a simple suggestion but for you to act the way you did towards those posts is why people react the way they do. Maybe you need to rethink the forum you are on and the people who are here to help and not be ridiculed for their suggestions.

MxPhenom 216 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. Searz

Thanks Received:
    Sigh... And now there's another one..
    Please read the thread before posting. Especially the OP, because you're not even trying to answer my questions..

5. Searz

Thanks Received:
    No, I was not vague at all. People misread my posts and comment and then more people started commenting on the same thing because they saw the other peoples' comments.

You're right in that I was a bit brash towards that first comment though. I just usually respond like that when people are going completely off topic and ignoring my questions.

Now please try to answer my questions (mainly the one about Redemption) or leave the thread alone. I don't want more off topic posts.

6. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    You did ask for people to recommend hardware with valid reasons................:cool:

7. Searz

Thanks Received:
    Nope, not a question.
    I told people that they could recommend something if they were knowledgeable about it.

And since this keeps coming back I guess I need to clarify.
    The 4770 is not an option. Stop mentioning it.
    It stands between the locked and unlocked versions of the 4670. Why? Read at the Nvidia Redemption link. Seriously, that's the biggest thing that I'm uncertain about now since it possibly dictates both my choice in motherboard and CPU.
    I'm also a bit new to sound cards, that was my main reason for writing that in the first place.

8. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:

Wait like 2 -3 weeks on the Nvidia thing and see what their response is to AMD 290 and 290x releases. Nvidia will probably just drop prices, and could release a full fledge GK110 chip and call it an Titan Ultra, and take the $1k price point that the Titan currently has.

9. Searz

Thanks Received:
    Why would that help? What does price drops and "new" GPUs have to do with the Redemption API?
    Did you read that link? :wtf:

10. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    No I didn't read the link, till now. Thought the redemption thing was just some stuff stirred up about what Nvidia might do in response to Mantle.

Ill just take that Redemption thing with a grain of salt. Never heard of that website before, so id be weary if anything from it in credible. Nvidia also already has there own thing, CUDA. And the fact that the article talks about Linux, I don't give a flying f.

Any API wont change the face of gaming though. Same shitty reworks of previous games will still happen, they might just run a bit better.........

11. Searz

Thanks Received:
    Sigh..
    Please don't respond if you don't have a clue..
    This is nothing like CUDA, this is an API like DirectX that Nvidia is making for Linux as a response to AMD's Mantle API.
    It is that very same Mantle API that will make BF4 much better with multithreading, by the way.

12. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    Well good, its made for Linux. Even more of a reason for me not to care, and you too if you plan to use Windows, not Linux. And im not sure what it has to do with your upgrade.

No one should be worried about this API or Mantle. It'll just make the same crappy games run better, if it actually does what all the marketing slides and shit is saying.

13. Searz

Thanks Received:
    I might switch to Linux later on if Valve makes enough games compatible with Linux through their SteamOS. So yes, Linux is actually very relevant. Why would I link it otherwise?

I am worried about this API because this could potentially make a very large difference in gaming performance and even in general computing. There are no slides yet, there are only devs and techies that discuss such things and how much of an impact it could have.
    Optimization and utilization can do absolute wonders and DirectX has poor performance according to a lot of devs.

If you think games are so crappy then why do you even play them? That is, assuming that you do, otherwise you're simply talkin' out your arse.
    I don't consider games crappy, so I'll gladly accept new software that allows me to play games better. Especially since such software will be free.

14. kiddagoat

kiddagoat

Thanks Received:
    Can we just get erocker or another TPU staff to boot this ass hat?? This kind of stuff might fly over at HardOCP and Overclock.NET but not here. Should just cut this off before it goes any further... I mean for real.... no need to be an ass or show it.

KainXS and MxPhenom 216 say thanks.
  15. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You make a post asking for "help". Second post clearly demonstrates you have clear opinions and help isn't needed... Not to mention an unnecessary amount of the "f" word being thrown around in all of your posts. You made a thread that isn't helping anyone and is rather uncomfortable to even be in so, thread closed.

Aquinus, MxPhenom 216 and HammerON say thanks.