1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

upgrading to sb

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by moocow0463, Apr 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moocow0463

Thanks Received:
    So I've decided once the ib processors are on the market I'm going to purchase a sb processor (as of now the in doesn't seem to have the $ per performance sandy has). Now with the choices out there the 2500 and 2700 seem to be the best choices as the 3xxx(whatever) chip is quite a higher price. I'm going to be using this rig as my gaming rig and recording and streaming video so encoding is a must. I will be overclocking either chip. Which one will give me the best performance and overclock ability.

Second I need a mobo with crossfire and sli support

Third ram I'll be looking for at least 8 gb
  2. BarbaricSoul

BarbaricSoul

Thanks Received:
    the 2700 is just a binned 2600. you might get alittle better OC'ing out of the 2700 compared to the 2600, but I'm not intirely convinced it's worth it. the 2500 is still the sweetness when it comes to price/performance.

motherboard wise, I've been really happy with my MSI GD80, but it is alittle expensive. AsRock Pro3 gen 3 and pro 4 gen 3 seem to be pretty good from what I've read.

RAM, Corsair Vengence have been priced pretty good. I paid like $47 for my set. No problems with it.
    Crunching for Team TPU 1 Million points folded for TPU
  3. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderatorâ„¢ Staff Member

Thanks Received: