• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Urgent advice:Windows - Delayed Write Failed

Athlon2K15

HyperVtX™
Processor Intel Core i9 11900K
Motherboard MSI Z590 Carbon EK X
Cooling Custom Water
Memory Team DDR4 4000MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF RTX 3080 OC
Storage WD WN850 1TB
Display(s) 43" LG NanoCell 4K 120Hz
Power Supply Asus Thor 1200w
Mouse Asus Strix Evolve
Keyboard Asus Strix Claymore
i just had this happen to me...i was trying to copy files from my hard drive to my Jump Drive and it gave me this error....weird

Alec§taar

Someone who's going to find NewTekie1 and teach hi
Processor DualCore AMD Athlon 64x2 4800+ (o/c 2801mhz STABLE (Ketxxx, POGE, Tatty One, ME))
Motherboard ASUS A8N-SLI Premium (PCIe x16, x4, x1)
Cooling PhaseChange Coolermaster CM754/939 (fan/heatsink), Thermalright heatspreaders + fan built on (RAM)
Memory 512mb PC-3200 DDR400 (set DDR-33 for o/c) by Corsair (matched pair, 2x256mb) 200.1/200mhz
Video Card(s) BFG GeForce 7900 GTX OC 512mb GDDR3 ram (o/c manually to 686 core/865 memory) - PhaseChange cooled
Storage Dual "Raptor X" 16mb 10krpm/RAID 0 Promise EX8350 x4 PCIe 128mb & Intel IO chip/CENATEK RocketDrive
Display(s) SONY 19" Trinitron MultiScan 400ps 1600x1200 75hz refresh 32-bit color
Case Antec Super-LanBoy (aluminum baby-tower w/ lower front & upper rear cooling exhaust fans)
Audio Device(s) RealTek AC97 onboard mobo stereo sound (Altec Lansing ACS-45 speakers - 10 yrs. still running!)
Power Supply Antec 500w ATX 2.0 "SmartPower" powersupply
Software Windows Server 2003 SP #1 fully patched, & massively tuned/tweaked to-the-max (plus latest drivers)
Thanks m8, I will try it ;)

Give it a go, the second I saw VIA, & I have had their stuff before?

The fact this is an IDE/EIDE/SATA etc. (drives) problem??

I figured it is worth a shot...

Mainly because, iirc, they drivers they install for DISK I/O is optional.

HDD controller stuff, iirc?

Not sure on the "exacts" on this note anymore, been 3++ years or more since I did VIA chipset stuff, regularly. Abit VP6 mobo.

:)

* That'd be it from me though @ this point, I am OUT of software/OS/drivers level ideas... for almost SURE, now this time.

APK

P.S.=> Good luck, & hope it "cures what ails ye", because now it's the hardware folks' turn... I am outta it imo!

WHAT KILLS ME IS, WE THOUGHT WE HAD YOU FIXED W/ THE STUFF I GAVE YOU EARLIER, & others also stated but no details on the HOW of it to fix it, & IT WORKED...

i just had this happen to me...i was trying to copy files from my hard drive to my Jump Drive and it gave me this error....weird

I hear you, & we used the method of "curing that" typically, above... for a bit, for the post starter?

WELL, it worked...

(This is why I am asking him to check the settings for it once more per the directions I posted... just for kicks!)

Now it's not working now & it was, odd... I hate these kind, intermittent!

DO ME AND YOU A FAVOR - see if you drives this is doing it to reset themselves, somehow, to "Optimize for Performance" (cached & delayed writes) and not "Quick Removal" (not cached & one to use to cure it) again, for the heck of it... thanks! apk

Last edited:

Athlon2K15

HyperVtX™
Processor Intel Core i9 11900K
Motherboard MSI Z590 Carbon EK X
Cooling Custom Water
Memory Team DDR4 4000MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF RTX 3080 OC
Storage WD WN850 1TB
Display(s) 43" LG NanoCell 4K 120Hz
Power Supply Asus Thor 1200w
Mouse Asus Strix Evolve
Keyboard Asus Strix Claymore
ok i change the performance setting of the jump drive to optimize for performance and enabled write caching on it and now it seems to do its job quite well.......:rockout:

Alec§taar

Someone who's going to find NewTekie1 and teach hi
Processor DualCore AMD Athlon 64x2 4800+ (o/c 2801mhz STABLE (Ketxxx, POGE, Tatty One, ME))
Motherboard ASUS A8N-SLI Premium (PCIe x16, x4, x1)
Cooling PhaseChange Coolermaster CM754/939 (fan/heatsink), Thermalright heatspreaders + fan built on (RAM)
Memory 512mb PC-3200 DDR400 (set DDR-33 for o/c) by Corsair (matched pair, 2x256mb) 200.1/200mhz
Video Card(s) BFG GeForce 7900 GTX OC 512mb GDDR3 ram (o/c manually to 686 core/865 memory) - PhaseChange cooled
Storage Dual "Raptor X" 16mb 10krpm/RAID 0 Promise EX8350 x4 PCIe 128mb & Intel IO chip/CENATEK RocketDrive
Display(s) SONY 19" Trinitron MultiScan 400ps 1600x1200 75hz refresh 32-bit color
Case Antec Super-LanBoy (aluminum baby-tower w/ lower front & upper rear cooling exhaust fans)
Audio Device(s) RealTek AC97 onboard mobo stereo sound (Altec Lansing ACS-45 speakers - 10 yrs. still running!)
Power Supply Antec 500w ATX 2.0 "SmartPower" powersupply
Software Windows Server 2003 SP #1 fully patched, & massively tuned/tweaked to-the-max (plus latest drivers)
ok i change the performance setting of the jump drive to optimize for performance and enabled write caching on it and now it seems to do its job quite well.......:rockout:

LOL, man... that makes no sense, but if it works? Well, then the 'trick' I outlined, which initially worked in reverse for the post-starter (but now is not) regarding vs. what YOU just have done, works for you.

Still, give it time... I want to see if you have problems later, as post starter did... he worked initially too!

:)

* I do wish to see the results of his VIA driver for disks removed (or hdd controller, not sure anymore what the VIA 5-in-1's put in, but I do distinctly recall HDD stuff, & it was offered @ least @ 1 point as optional to install during their installations).

It would be nice to see std. Microsoft supplied ones, vs. VIA curing him for good, possibly in combination w/ him turning off the "Optimize for Performance" (cached, lazy written later after time of cache delay done), vs. "Optimize for Quick Removal" (which stops lazy write cached delays)...

APK

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
Thanx for all you help guys but Ive just had to borrow a 160GB IDE HDD off my m8 because a format of the SATA drive didnt even cure the problem!!!! Ive got the saud drive as a SLAVE in my system now and it keeps giving the same error so it MUST be an hardware failure. Like I said in this thread, the HDD is still fairly new some Im going to RMA the bloody thing.......I think this may be my last purchase of a Maxtor HDD ;)