1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

URGENT! AMD FX 6300 is at 3.817Ghz ?? strange :/

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by StanMen, Jan 10, 2013.

1. StanMen New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello every one! so i got my pc running right now, i just puted my FX 6300 cpu and my ASUS GTX 660 DCII TI OC Edition and started my pc then instaled all things like drivers and did all what i have to,

So my mobo have a updated bios version but is not recent bios is a version 1103, i allrady downloaded the last one is 1503, my mobo is ASUS M5A78L-M/USB 3.0 and the thing is that my CPU is not runing at stock speeds like 3.5 but is running at 3.817 Ghz, and i wondering if this is just becaus of this bios update 1103 ?

Oh and i also did instaled the correction Hotfix for windows 7 sp1 64 for my new FX 6300, some guy told me that i have to instal but my cpu is not an Bulldozer is an new arquitecture cpu difrent from bulldozer is a Piledriver Vishera, and i dno if is good instaling this hotfix ? i did instaled but i allrady unistaled them caus i didn't saw any diference at cors :/

Pls guys help :( oh and also in GPU Z don't show real name of cpu :eek: is say that my cpu is AMD K15 ?? :eek:

2. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Make sure the bios is set to defaults, it could have some type of auto OC enabled.

StanMen says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. StanMen New Member

Thanks Received:
    Oky bro i will check it and back to you guys, i had before my Phenom II x4 960 Oced, but i did change the settings back but i will do default set to see if it will be oky :/

and way my CPU-Z dosn't read my real cpu ?

4. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    Turn core performance boost off in bios and it will stop its not an issue tho unless your overheating.
    Its a feature of the FX series.

StanMen says thanks.
  5. StanMen New Member

Thanks Received:
    so this is what is show on CPU-Z :/ way ??

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Use a newer version of CPU-Z. Make sure your bios supports your CPU.

7. ThE_MaD_ShOt

ThE_MaD_ShOt

Thanks Received:
    Yeah get the newest version of cpu-z as it supports piledriver and that should clear up the naming. Also you should always clear your bios after an update. Did you clear it when you went from the x4 to the FX? If not that is you oc problem as it is using the peramiters you set for the x4 chip.

StanMen says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  8. OneMoar

OneMoar

Thanks Received:
    if its stable then its fine else set the core multiplier to 17.5 and that should put it back at 3.5

9. Zubasa

Zubasa

Thanks Received:
    What most likely happened is that you have not updated your bios before you install the CPU and the bios mistaken the chip as an FX-6200 which is clocked at 3.8Ghz.
    Yes you should also install the Windows 7 patch for bulldozer as well. The Piledriver is just an enhanced Bulldozer.
    Also just update that CPU-Z.

StanMen says thanks.
  10. StanMen New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey buddy! oky i did now upgraded my BIOS from version 1103 to last ver 1503, and i instaled the last CPU-Z and now is all fine and i also did OC to nice 4.2Ghz and is all fine working cool :D i got like 9.3 to 9.5c idle and load go up to 40 to 32c max, is in BF3 and my gtx 660ti dcuII OC editon is flying like a F-16 ! i did a oc on this card with GPU tweak and now my computer is just killing games like nothing ;) prity happy with this machine, and now i'm thinking in instal a real water cooling i want to buy a water cooling for gpu and cpu, dno what do you recomend me for WC ?

Thanks all for help ! oh and any one have this BIOS 1503 i just want to know if it good ?

11. StanMen New Member

Thanks Received:
    hey bud! yhaa i just did a config for bios wen i 1st started pc, then i did default settings and set my custom OC and for now is working with no problems ;) i just dn't understand way before i can see the option of press f4 to unlock your cores wen i started pc, now i updated my bios to 1503 and now wen i start pc there is no more that option ? :/ may be i have to reset my bios like clear it ?

12. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    The unlock core function is for tricore Athlon II and Phenom II.

StanMen says thanks.
  13. StanMen New Member

Thanks Received:
    But wen i got my Phenom II x4 960t its not an tricore cpu but yes quad core cpu :eek: or even beter is an six core cpu but locked to 4 cores, i'm right ?

thanks bud for your replay :D

14. ThE_MaD_ShOt

ThE_MaD_ShOt

Thanks Received:
    The unlock feature is for various x2, x3, and the 960t.

Crunching for Team TPU
  15. Zubasa

Zubasa

Thanks Received:
    Yes same idea.
    It does absolutely nothing for the FX line just leave it off.