• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

US Senate Holds Hearings on Great Firewall Of America

Processor AMD 965 BE
Motherboard MSI gd70
Cooling Koolance Exos 2.5 w/ cpu 350 block
Memory 8gb corsair Dominator ddr3 1600
Video Card(s) 2 sapphire 6870's liquid cooled
Storage 8 150 gb wd raptors in raid 0
Display(s) Acer 24in lcd
Case Thermaltake Armor lcs
Power Supply Thermaltake Tough Power 1200w
Software Win7 64 Ultimate
I did my part and sent a message to my state reps.....I suggest you all do the same. Just enter in your zip and send the letter....you do not even have to compose it. no excuse.

fullinfusion

Vanguard Beta Tester
No offense to the Americans but Im sure the fu#k glad I live where I live. Which isn't much better :toast: but still..

You know the US government has much greater power than this when it comes to the internet, they can shut down sites becuase they feel like it. In every major hub of the internet, ther are hubs around the US, such as the one at Georgia Tech, there is a small office and to get into that small office you have to have extremely high level security clearance. Within phone companies as well small rooms like this exist, same as other forms of technology. Of course you never hear about these rooms, and they never both you. They are to control the medium at the basic level, no need to call up the phone company to tap a line, why not just call the US government already there.

This bill is almost just a way to give the US government and its affiliates proper authorization to do such things, and use it for things other than counter-terrorism.

Now move to some bill like this, this is lobbyists pushing congress to pass a bill for them, while there are other more important bills. If this crap about the economy wasn't going on right now, this still wouldn't make it into the news, but it might make it onto smaller media outsources, which aren't bought by the big media corporations. Instead they are all talking about congress and the economy, we all know whats going to happen, so focus on other shit, its really annoying.

Anyways this bill will pass, no matter what you do about it, they have a lot of support with their money. It will only die in the house before it reaches the senate, and don't count on Obama vetoing this bill. You see there is bipartisan support, actually a lot, those kinds of bills at this time works.

The only way to fix the US government is to get rid of every one currently running it.

The average income of a house of representatives is 750K
The average income of a senator is 1.2-1.5million

unless your income is in line with theirs, they have different values than yours, no matter how much they say otherwise. Like look at Obama, he acts like a poor man, hes not poor, and to make matters worse hes a wimp.

We need to get rid of all of them, replace them, but not all at once. keep some from both sides, at least the big names.

but what it is important to note is that we should NOT be taking the easy way out, don't ever vote to make it easier to get rid of people you don't like or policies you don't like, or else you will do what democracies before us did, and that is what lead to the demise of their governments by their own actions. LIke don't vote for a guy because you hated the other guy, happened in 2008 and will happen in 2012.

System Name desktop | Odroid N2+ |
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Amlogic S922X |
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M DS3H |Odroid N2+ |
Cooling Inter-Tech Argus SU-200, 3x Arctic P12 case fans | stock heatsink + fan |
Memory Gskill Aegis DDR4 32GB | 4 GB DDR4 |
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 6600 (8GB) | Arm Mali G52 |
Storage SK Hynix SSD 240GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, Toshiba DT01ACA100 1T | Samsung 850 Evo 500GB |
Display(s) AOC G2260VWQ6 | LG 24MT57D |
Case Asus Prime 201 | Stock case (black version) |
Audio Device(s) integrated
Power Supply BeQuiet! Pure Power 11 400W | 12v barrel jack |
Mouse Logitech G500 |Steelseries Rival 300
Keyboard Qpad MK-50 (Cherry MX brown)| Blaze Keyboard
Software Windows 10, Various Linux distros | Gentoo Linux
LIke don't vote for a guy because you hated the other guy, happened in 2008 and will happen in 2012.

IMHO that will always happen in a two-party system. Like "OMG the Democrats really screwed it this time, let's vote for the Republicans now". Only to change into a situation with the roles reversed, sooner or later. American Federal politics seems like a game of Pong to me. | . |

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
Senator Wyden is going to attempt to filibuster the legislation in the Senate by reading the names of those who oppose it submitted here:
http://www.stopcensorship.org/ (operated by DemandProgress.org)

Over 50,000 have already signed up and they're hoping for 100,000 by Monday. Spread it around to US citiznes who strongly feels internet censorship is wrong.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
They got their 100,000 signatures. Unfortunately, the bill may come to a vote this week. Hopefully the filibuster will be be enough to stop it.

Senator Wyden still wants more signatures though so if you haven't signed the link above, go for it.
Senator Wyden to Demand Progress said:
The filibuster affords senators an opportunity to stand up for what they believe in and there are few things I believe in more than ensuring that every American has a voice and an opportunity to get ahead.

Right now, the Internet gives every American that voice while making it possible for every entrepreneur, thinker and innovator to compete alongside the biggest and most moneyed interests.

It is my hope that -- with your help – my colleagues in Congress will realize that a free and open Internet is something that we as Americans should celebrate and not allow those special moneyed interests to quash.

It is my hope that – with your help – my colleagues in Congress will realize that PIPA/SOPA are the wrong way to protect intellectual property because the price they exact on the Internet is too high.

With your help, I believe we can get that word out and prevent these misguided bills from every reaching the House and Senate floor, but if they do reach the floor you can count on me to stand up and make our voices heard.

trickson

OH, I have such a headache
System Name Ryzen TUF.
Processor AMD Ryzen7 3700X
Motherboard Asus TUF X570 Gaming Plus
Cooling Noctua
Memory Gskill RipJaws 3466MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TUF 1650 Super Clocked.
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Audio Device(s) Denon AVR-S750H
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Software Windows 10 64 bit Home OEM
This says it all !

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 342
D

Deleted member 67555

Sites are already being blocked....Even though the law that allows the US Govt to do this hasn't been passed yet.....Welcome to the Corporate States of America!

Here's an Article http://torrentfreak.com/feds-seize-130-domain-names-in-mass-crackdown-111125/
http://torrentfreak.com/dns-seizure-takes-out-megaupload-111129/

and here's the fix-as an example MegaUpload
First try using the IP address not the http...

http://174.140.154.12/

If that doesn't work, try this...

1.Click the Start Orb, then select Control Panel.
2.Click on Network and Sharing Center.
3.Click on your primary connection or Local Area Connection under Active Networks.
4.Click the Properties button.
Windows 7 may prompt you for permission to make network setting changes.
5.Highlight 'Internet Protocol Version 4' and click Properties.
6.Click the radio button 'Use the following DNS server addresses:' and type 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 in the Preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS server fields.
7.Click OK button, then the Close button, then Close again. Finally, close the Network and Sharing Center window.
At this point, we highly suggest that you flush your DNS resolver cache and web browser caches to ensure that your new configuration settings take effect.

FOR MAC: go to system prefs, click NETWORK, click your connection, click "advanced", click DNS, click +, type 8.8.8.8, click OK, click APPLY... and ENJOY!

For Linux: (another cut and paste I have NO linux experience)

Under Linux / UNIX / BSD operating system, you need to edit the /etc/resolv.conf file and add the line:

nameserver {IP-OF-THE-DNS-1}
nameserver {IP-OF-THEISP-DNS-SERVER-2}

Login as the root, enter:
# vi /etc/resolv.conf
OR
$ sudo vi /etc/resolv.conf
Modify or enter nameserver as follows:
nameserver 208.67.222.222
nameserver 208.67.220.220

Save and close the file. To test DNS configuration type any one of the following command:
$ host google.com
$ dig google.com
$ ping google.com
$ nslookup your-domain.com
Output:

google.com has address 72.14.207.99
google.com has address 64.233.187.99
google.com has address 64.233.167.99
google.com mail is handled by 10 smtp4.google.com.
google.com mail is handled by 10 smtp1.google.com.
google.com mail is handled by 10 smtp2.google.com.
google.com mail is handled by 10 smtp3.google.com.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fx

Processor Ryzen 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Noctua
Memory G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB DDR4 3466
Video Card(s) EVGA 980ti FTW
Storage (OS)Samsung 950 Pro (512GB), (Data) WD Reds
Display(s) 24" Dell UltraSharp U2412M
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser GAME ONE
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 650 P2
Mouse Mionix Castor
Keyboard Deck Hassium Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
this really pisses me off. the whole point of passing a law is to make it allowable to do whatever proposed action you are trying to do according to law

I am even more pissed off cause I feel like I am going to remain in the minority of people that even give a shit. people dont care about politics until it slaps them in the face with violations that directly impact their life in some major way

D

Deleted member 67555

this really pisses me off. the whole point of passing a law is to make it allowable to do whatever proposed action you are trying to do according to law

I am even more pissed off cause I feel like I am going to remain in the minority of people that even give a shit. people dont care about politics until it slaps them in the face with violations that directly impact their life in some major way

It's because nobody is hearing about this....The news isn't reporting it because they are owned by the very Corps that are pushing for this...

I don't think it's a matter of not caring, I think it's a matter of ignorance.