1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[WTB] Used DSLR for $100-$200?

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade/Giveaway Forum' started by odameyer, Oct 23, 2010.

1. odameyer

odameyer

Thanks Received:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  2. Motaa New Member

Thanks Received:
    IMO D50 at that price is a steal if the rest of the camera works fine. I'd certainly buy it.

odameyer says thanks.
  3. freaksavior

freaksavior To infinity ... and beyond!

Thanks Received:
    No, it would not be.
    do your self a favor and save and get a good camera. I bought a 40d and it's a beast. Spent about $1600 for everything that day, 4gb cf III card, lense, case, flash, tripod <- useful

odameyer says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. Motaa New Member

Thanks Received:
    For some reason I read that D50 as... Something more expensive. I'd save for the Sony since it really is the most highly rated intro DSLR.

odameyer says thanks.
  5. ebolamonkey3

ebolamonkey3 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Na, get a Canon or Nikon the first time. DSLR is expensive, so do it right the first time and get a solid camera, and you won't have to upgrade for a long time.

odameyer says thanks.
  6. Jakeman97

Jakeman97 New Member

Thanks Received:
    re: 3mp

Do not do that. Any photo larger than a 4x6 will have a lot of grain. Also if you accidentally over or under expose your photos they are very hard to correct. Sometimes even a Photoshop program can't fix them and a 'moment' could be lost. I would wait for at least a 10mp DSLR camera if you could. You won't regret it. I use all NIKON, and in fact I have one up for sale/trade in my Sales Thread but regret it is not in your price range. Good luck to you on your hunt. :toast:

odameyer says thanks.
  7. r31ncarnat3d

r31ncarnat3d New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've yet to find a used camera for that price that doesn't have a very high shutter count, and I spend a lot of time on camera FS forums.

If you're willing to spend more money, I'd suggest you look into a used Canon Rebel XS or Nikon D3000. Used kits can go for ~$350-$450 with original accessories and lens, and they don't come with high shutter counts. I'm a Canon shooter so I don't know much in the way of Nikon forums, but you might want to check out POTN for some Canon equipment. A quick search and I was able to find:

Gripped Rebel XS w/ 4 batteries and kit lens for $400
    Canon Rebel XS w/ original accessories and lens for $360
    Canon Rebel XS w/ original accessories and lens and Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 lens for $375

It's just my two cents, but if you're willing to bump your budget up by just $100, you can get a lot more for your money.

odameyer and stinger608 say thanks.
  8. stinger608

stinger608 Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder

Thanks Received:
    Great deals there R31!! As you mentioned the Canon Rebel's are some great cameras and he would not be disappointed at all. I have been a personal Canon fan for many years, and have never been disappointed with any of their cameras.

odameyer says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  9. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    It's not a DSLR, but I have a black Pansonic Lumix DMC-FZ5 I am comtemplating replacing. 5MP, 12x optical zoom, two batteries, charger, "flower" lens filter, case, strap, CD, etc. This camera has been used for many of the reviews I've done here.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonicfz5/

odameyer says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  10. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    perhaps a bridge camer? there is that 10% off sell at newegg, today only... The P100 for instance is great, at ~305$ its GREAT IMO

odameyer says thanks.
  11. travva

travva New Member

Thanks Received:
    hey odameyer i don't have a DSLR for sale either, but what I do have is an S5 IS with a telephoto lense and case that i'm looking to get rid of. i'm not sure on an asking price yet for it but we can discuss that if it turns out you're interested. let me know if so.

odameyer says thanks.
  12. travva

travva New Member

Thanks Received:
    no, you pm me with an offer and ill take some pics after i finsih being eating my midnight lunch :) are you in the states also?

13. f22a4bandit

f22a4bandit

Thanks Received:
    If you need some examples of shots with the S5 IS, I can post one for you to give you an example. This was captured by me inside the butterfly exhibit at the Natural History Museum in Washington D.C. this July.

[​IMG]

14. n-ster

Thanks Received: