1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

VAC Status

Discussion in 'Games' started by mod2max, Apr 19, 2008.

1. mod2max

mod2max New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi all,

Ok so my VAC status is banned and I'm not going to lie it's because I was useing cheats on CS:S the reason behind wanting to to use them is because I see so many other people useing them and getting away with it and throught I'd give it a shot.

I was annoyed with being pwned into the ground by people cheating all the time even in VAC protected servers, so I shouldn't have let them get to me and drop to there level but I did and now I'm paying the price...

So I was wondering what the hell I can do? I've herd they clear the ban lists once 'n' while but has anyone ever been band before then unband thanks to a cleared band list?

Anyway other then that I will have to get on my knees and lick the hairy crack that is Steam becuase I've been band from everything game that has VAC protection I can't even play Portal and you cant even go online with that! :mad:

So anyway help... any at all would be grate even if you tell me I a w***ker or whatever I just think its unfair that I cant even play portal. Or could I ring steam and beg like hell?

Anyway thanks all :ohwell:
  2. EviLZeD

EviLZeD New Member

Thanks Received:
    from what ive read in few forums people say they are too stricted and wont unban after getting banned even once you have to rebuy or something like that
    mod2max says thanks.
  3. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    So instead of trying to help the problem by reporting cheaters you, yourself became one and got banned. Good. The less cheaters the better. No sympathy for the cheat.:shadedshu

*Contact Steam support and see if there is anything they can do, which I doubt.
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
  4. Triprift

Triprift

Thanks Received:
    You do the crime you do the time man hopefully that will teach u not to cheat in the future.
  5. Morgoth

Morgoth

Thanks Received:
    hmm how abouth making a new steam account?
  6. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    He'll be locked out of all his games as they are registered with his banned steam account. There is no way around it unless he wants to hack some more. No information on hacking steam will be provided in these forums.
  7. mod2max

mod2max New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok problem solved, unfortunately for me it came to making a new account, and had to re-buy my games... not something I wanted to have to do but I could not see any other way of doing it unless I wanted to sink even lower! :shadedshu

So let this be a warning to all who have cheated/do cheat/or have considered cheating, cheating will only result in a full VAC ban and will not be lifted under ANY circumstances! (As stated very clearly by Steam)

I still think this is the case though (steam >>> :nutkick: <<< user)

Oh and I will NEVER use cheats again :banghead: why was I so f**king stupid!

NEVER CHEAT! :mad:

Anyway thanks again Tech Power Up :D
    erocker says thanks.
  8. Morgoth

Morgoth

Thanks Received:
    tell me what server do you play?
    i am moost of the time on the 24/7 Cs_assualt server where ppl are cheating XD
  9. tkpenalty New Member

Thanks Received:
    Err dude you can still play, but not on VAC servers. BUT. You are disgraceful for using cheats :). Only way to get around VAC is to make a new account, and buy the games again :p, AND NOT CHEAT.
  10. Triprift

Triprift

Thanks Received:
    Wich is what hees done tk and good too uve learnt ya lesson hopefully.
  11. mod2max

mod2max New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes I have learnt my lesson big style... I'm not exactly made of money so re-buying my games was a killer I will never cheat again now that I now this can happen as I didn't before... and then swiftly brushed up on my Steam knowledge and I will now be the cure rather then the problem by reporting people that are clearing hacking.

lol I make my self sound like an ex-addict or something :laugh:

Again... (Valve/Steam >:nutkick:< Paying User)

:D
  12. guyguy New Member

Thanks Received:
    :cool:What is vac????
  13. calvary1980

calvary1980 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Valve Anti-Cheat

- Christine
  14. mrw1986

mrw1986

Thanks Received:
    QFT. Thats like if somebody murders someone, you go and do it to see what it feels like. Bad logic my friend.
  15. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    +1, you cheated, you deserved what you got.

How so, exactly? Are you saying they are screwing over their paying users by banning cheaters that make the game less fun to play? They are screwing over the cheaters, not the legit paying users. You screwed over far more legit paying users by cheating than Valve/Steam every will. Don't try to make Valve out to be the bad guy for banning cheaters like youself. You screwed yourself.

It is more (Paying User >:nutkick:< Paying User)

Essentially, it is like you seeing a bunch of people making money by selling drugs, so you go out and start selling drugs. Then when the cops bust you for selling drugs, you complain that the cops are just screwing over innociant people.
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2008
    Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  16. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah man it sucks you had to buy everything again but that was the risk. I have tons of crap on Steam and there is no way I would ever risk that investment. What I dont get is why people even cheat. Whats the point of even playing.

I play COD4 all the time and the cheating on PB servers is insane. I mean I saw one guy with 168 kills and 1 death. He was bragging about this new cheat he BOUGHT that PB couldnt see. I wish other companies would go the way of VAC.

On a side note I think Steam/VAC should give ONE warning before banning someone. Maybe even a permanent avatar that lists them as being a onetime cheater on notice. Nobodies perfect and that could be a LOT of money lost for a stupid mistake.