1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Valve Announces Left 4 Dead 2

Discussion in 'News' started by alexp999, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Shadow*

Shadow* New Member

Thanks Received:
    Im really really really pissed and leave it to valve to piss everyone off no surprise, im just glad i never paid anything at all for it....just a quick snap of a picture if you know what i mean :toast:

2. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Everything you just asked for it has. I don't understand.

3. scope54

scope54

Thanks Received:
    im thinking this could either be a really good think or another way to get people's money...

It might either be like a $10 DLC/and packaged with newer copies of L4D or it could be what everyone suspects it to be a $39 mod to the game.

and the creators of counter-strike joined valve software, turtle rock also joined valve i believe and made CS:CZ along with their AI.

4. iStink

iStink New Member

Thanks Received:
    Everything a company does is a way to get people's money lol. Even if this was free, it would be an incentive for people to buy the first one.

You all have to admit, L4D is addictive as hell and the zombie physics are nuts. I was under some pipes the other day and noticed the zombies don't glitch when they have to crouch, they actually crawl at you. It's pretty creepy.

Anyways, with as many hours as I've already put into that game, I have no problem paying for a second version. What I DO want though is for it to just be a standalone upgrade to what you have, allowing you to open one copy of the game to get everything from the second as well as the first.

Oh and does anyone else notice the massive performance improvement when you disable multicore rendering and set the exe's affinity to 1?

5. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    Oh I'm for sure getting it! I just hope it's not full price. If it is, I'll pay it anyway, L4D is my favorite co-op game :D

6. scope54

scope54

Thanks Received:
    well what i meant when i said that was they could just exploit the franchise to just get another $50 out of people, even though the game itself is just new textures (as we know right now).

7. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    New weapons, zombies, boss zombies and maps aren't just new textures. I'd gladly pay 50$ for something with 100% more content!

8. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I'd rather see a discount for L4D1 owners. It's been only a year afterall....

9. D4S4

D4S4

Thanks Received:
    HEY F U VALVE!!! Where's Half Life: Episode 3 and Half life 3 i'm still waiting for??? :shadedshu

Am i the only person who wants to see those games?

(just for the record - Half Life 2 is (still) the only game that isn't waste of money to buy in my books)

Assimilator says thanks.
  10. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Lol, lose the anger and go be a perfectionist game designer. You cannot rush the greatest game of all time.

11. alexp999

alexp999 Staff

Thanks Received:
    I can understand what your saying, the original Half life was released about 5 years ago, and its been about 2 years since EP2, yet they manage to release L4D and announce L4D2 in the space of about 12 months.

I dont want them to rush it, but come one! :D

12. DaveK

DaveK

Thanks Received:
    Left 4 Dead was a waste of my money, so I won't be buying this one.

13. freaksavior

freaksavior To infinity ... and beyond!

Thanks Received:
    ah hell, i just got the 1st one

14. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hardly, I have 145 hours clocked on it :rockout:

15. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    RAW

16. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    I have yet to even play the first one. Anyone wanna buy it and gift it to me? :D

17. Assimilator

Assimilator

Thanks Received:
    Let me guess, you're a CS player when you're not posting BS on Internet forums? Half-Life was the game that made Valve; the game that revolutionized first-person shooter development, the first game that combined shooting with thinking.

Counter-Strike, in comparison, has no credit to its name apart from the fact that it was the first commercially successful mod.

Yeah, it's been almost two whole f**king years since Episode 2 and still nothing. I understand that good game development takes time, but this is the second Left 4 Dead game they're releasing within a year.

Episode 3 had better be the equivalent of the Second Coming or a lot of gamers - myself included - are going to be (a) very disappointed and (b) very pissed off.

D4S4 says thanks.
  18. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    Left 4 Dead and Half-Life and made by two separate teams. L4D is mainly comprised of the CSS dudes and Turtle Rock for the most part.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
  19. t77snapshot

t77snapshot

Thanks Received:
    I totally disagree with this statement :shadedshu

Crunching for Team TPU
  20. ShRoOmAlIsTiC

ShRoOmAlIsTiC

Thanks Received:
    but where is counter strike 2, counter strike source is just cs ported to the source engine. screw the rest. Has anyone even heard anything about it yet?

21. t77snapshot

t77snapshot

Thanks Received:
    I loved the first one because it was really long! I don't see games today that had that many hours of gameplay. Not to mention an awesome storyline with plenty of action, suspense and puzzles.:cool:

I will gift it only if you promise to play the whole game and LOVE IT!:D

Crunching for Team TPU
  22. Nick89

Nick89

Thanks Received:
    L4D was kinda a waste of my money. After I played through all the levels 5 times it got VERY boring and repetitive, I havent played since last year. I just got Killing Floor and that game is AWESOME!

Killing Floor is what would happen if they mixed Counter Strike and L4D together with Resident Evil!

23. t77snapshot

t77snapshot

Thanks Received:
    I think the L4D was never meant to be a single player shooter, but more for multi-player co-op games. If this was true then I don't think it was worth $50. The good news is it's cheaper now.:)

Crunching for Team TPU
  24. Shadin

Shadin New Member

Thanks Received:
    I wouldn't be surprised if Valve released the sequel at a heavy discount for people who already own L4D on Steam. Xbox users will get appropriately raped, though, I would guess.

25. ChromeDome

ChromeDome New Member

Thanks Received:
    well just to reiterate some of what has already been said.....i do wish this was more DLC for the original game rather then an all new game we have to pay for. i mean L4D 2 sounds good maybe after two or three years for an online game like this....but 1 year after release of the original w/o almost any new DLC for it seems like a money grab

which is fine....i just don't want to pay more for a game i already have, basically. so it better be as big as they are making it sound. and it better be GOOD

and yes, if it is i will most likely have it on pre-order :banghead: