1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Verbatim Store'n'Go Netbook USB 16GB

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Darksaber, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Darksaber

Darksaber W1zzard's Sidekick Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2011
  2. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Can the mini-SD card be removed and replaced, or did Verbatim glue it in?

Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  3. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    well i was looking at one of these but i would like to see more speed for that price. im liking all of these new reviews on the flash drives as i need a new one.

got any suggestions for a 8-16GB for less than $33 with nice speed

4. Xajel

Thanks Received:
    I already have same product but not from Verbatim.. but Elago

the microSD can be changed to what ever you want, and the Elago doesn't actually comes with any, so I used a 8GB Class 6 microSD which works perfect and faster that this Verbatim and I believe that it can handle Class 10 if found, but I don't know if it will be able to handle the full speed of Class 10 or not...

Just a side note: these device is so sensitive duo to the fact the the card reader circuit is located in a very thin layer without support.. I DON'T suggest using this a card reader, or do a lot of replace of the microSD, and if he can then try not to use it as your main USB drive, as using it from USB port to another may give mechanical stress that in the end will shorten the life of the device...

personally I have two
    1- I use in my Car Sony CD Player which had a USB port on front, I don't want a big drive that can be bended by any accidental hand move or what ever... it had 8GB class 2 microSD as I don't need faster here, it's just barley seen or noticed,,, some guys also thought it was a part of the Player it self !

2- I use it as my second USB drive that I have some less used files but I use them... I keep all my more used files on the main USB... this one I use a 8GB class 6 micro SD on it...

5. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Personally, my main USB Flash Drive is: OCZ Rally2 16GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Model OCZUSBR2...

Read speeds are in the 25MB/s area, so they aren't bad at all, but the lifetime warranty and excellent OCZ support totally win it for me.

Delta6326 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  6. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    these would be useful for those CD players in cars with built in USB ports and MP3 playback.