1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Vertex 3 or something else?

Discussion in 'Storage' started by Undead46, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Undead46

Undead46 New Member

Thanks Received:
    So with the new Vertex 3 hitting the shelf in a matter of days, what are your opinions on it?
    Is it worth getting for $250-300?

I'll be upgrading from a Vertex 2, which of course will be a noticeable difference.

But are there better SSD's I should be looking at instead, with better performance?

2. Molignar

Molignar New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm pretty much in the same boat. I'd like to get one for the crazy speeds. However after the OCZ 25nm hose job, I'm thinking of waiting and seeing how the new 25nm and 20nm based drives perform across more makers before dropping that kind of money to replace my Vertex2. You might want to do the same, just my 2 cents.

3. Undead46

Undead46 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ya you're probably right.

I hear the new Intel's are supposed to hit 700MB Read/write, but won't come out until Fall.. :/

4. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    I'd personally take SandForce drive over Marvell controlled drive. Which are used in new Intel drives.
    In fact i've ordered Vertex 3 and i'm suppose to get next week when they ship to our country.

At the moment there isn't any other drive with SF-2200 series controller available for such price and with such speeds. Corsair announced Force GT drives which are essentially the same thing but they are nowhere to be seen...