1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

very odd rendering problem

Discussion in 'ATITool' started by morbiddog, Jul 3, 2007.

1. morbiddog New Member

Thanks Received:
    ok when i start up the ati tool the cube that is supposed to be all furry is just a cube with some semi transparent squares coming off of it and as soon as it started doing this i upgraded my drivers but that didnt fix the problem so i was wondering if anyone knew why this was happening o ya and my card is a radeon x1300
  2. pbmaster

pbmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    Is it a mobile version? My friend's mobile x1400 did the same thing. What kind of FPS are you getting? His cube looked super crazy, but he was getting decent FPS.
  3. morbiddog New Member

Thanks Received:
    well im getting around 50 - 60 fps and here is a screen shot of it o ya and no its not mobile

Attached Files:

4. pbmaster

pbmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hmm..that may be some funny CCC setting you are using. Not sure what to tell you though, I'm an nVidia user. Also, IMO those FPS should be higher too.
  5. morbiddog New Member

Thanks Received:
    sorry for the noob question but what are ccc setings and the reason it is kinda low is because first my pc is a dinosaur and second because it is a dinosaur it only has pci slots no pci express
  6. pbmaster

pbmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    Oh ok, that would explain it. CCC is the Catalyst Control Center settings. Some of em can effect the way little things like the fuzzy cube looks like.
  7. morbiddog New Member

Thanks Received:
    whoops sorry ccc = catalyst control center and my settings are set to the balanced by default but no mater what i do i cant get it to work properly and you must note it worked for ages for me and i never set my memory clock any higher and my core clock i only put to a bout 550 when it said the safe range was 580
  8. pbmaster

pbmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    Have you tried scanning for artifacts? I'm not sure if your particular problem is considered an artifact, but you should do it anyway if you haven't yet.
  9. morbiddog New Member

Thanks Received:
    yes i have tried scanning and it reports no artifacts what so ever also is the 3d view drawn using direct x