• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

VIA Announces World's First Quad Core Mini-ITX Boards

VIA Technologies, Inc, a leading innovator of power efficient x86 processor platforms, today announced the world's first quad core Mini-ITX boards featuring the latest VIA QuadCore E-Series processor. The VIA EPIA-M900 and VIA EPIA-M910 are the first two Mini-ITX boards to feature the 1.2 GHz VIA QuadCore E-Series processor, offering enhanced multi-tasking and superb multimedia performance on the lowest quad core power budget for next generation embedded products.

The VIA QuadCore E-Series processor features a highly optimized, energy efficient multi-core architecture, which is natively 64-bit compatible and comes with a host of additional performance features including Adaptive Overclocking. To meet the low power demands of the embedded market, the VIA QuadCore E-Series processor offers industry-leading energy efficiency, with the VIA QuadCore E-Series 1.2+ GHz processor delivering a thermal design power (TDP) of only 27.5 W. The distributed power of the VIA QuadCore E-Series processor makes it ideal for handling the most demanding HD video formats for immersive multi-display applications and environments.

"The VIA QuadCore E-Series processor delivers world class performance in the industry's leading power efficient package," said Epan Wu, Head of the VIA Embedded Platform Division, VIA Technologies, Inc. "The high performance of the VIA QuadCore E-Series processor makes it the perfect platform for the creation of next generation digital signage displays and embedded projects."

VIA EPIA-M900

Measuring 17 cm x 17 cm the VIA EPIA-M900 Mini-ITX board features the choice of a 1.2 GHz VIA QuadCore E-Series processor or a 1.6 GHz dual core VIA Nano X2 E-Series processor. Paired with the VIA VX900 MSP, supporting up to 8 GB of DDR3 system memory and featuring the VIA ChromotionHD 2.0 video processor, the VIA EPIA-M900 enables the creation of a wealth of innovative next generation digital signage, POS, Kiosk, ATM, home automation, healthcare and media client system design applications.

Rear panel I/O includes a Gigabit LAN port, HDMI port, VGA port, four USB 2.0 ports, one COM port and three audio jacks. An onboard PCIe x16 slot (with effective speed up to PCIe x8) and one PCI slot is accompanied with pin headers providing one dual channel 24-bit LVDS support (including backlight control), an additional three COM ports, a further four USB 2.0 ports and one USB device port, LPC support, 2 Digital I/O, SPDIF out and an SMBus header.

For more information about the VIA EPIA-M900 Mini-ITX board, please visit:
http://www.viaembedded.com/en/products/boards/productDetail.jsp?productLine=1&id=1550&tabs=1

VIA EPIA-M910

Paired with the VIA VX900 MSP, the VIA EPIA-M910 is available with a wide choice of VIA x86 processors, including the latest 1.2 GHz VIA QuadCore E-Series processor, a 1.6 GHz VIA Nano X2 dual core processor or a fanless 1.0 GHz VIA Eden X2 dual core processor. Featuring one of the richest I/O sets available, the VIA EPIA-M910 is ideal for a wide range of embedded applications including ATM, kiosks, POS, digital signage, healthcare and digital media applications.

Rear panel I/O includes dual Gigabit LAN ports, PS/2 support, one HDMI port, a VGA port, two RS-232 5v/12v selectable COM ports, four USB 2.0 ports and audio jacks. On board pin headers provide 2 x 24-bit LVDS support (including backlight control), two SATA ports, an additional six COM ports, a further four USB ports, Digital I/O, and a PCIe x4 slot. The VIA EPIA-M910 is available with support for either ATX or DC-in power supplies.

For more information about the VIA EPIA-M910 Mini-ITX board, please visit:
http://www.viaembedded.com/en/products/boards/productDetail.jsp?productLine=1&id=1810&tabs=1

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

I wish they would rather release some higher clocked Nano's with the same 27.5W TDP.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
And again I doubt we'll see many of these on the market.

Processor R9 5950x
Motherboard Asus x570 Crosshair VIII Formula
Cooling EK 360mm AIO D-RGB
Memory G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16gb (CL16@3800MHz)
Video Card(s) PNY GeForce RTX 3090 24GB
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVMe | Intel 660p 2TB NVMe
Display(s) Acer Predator XB323QK 4K 144Hz
Case Corsair 5000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Objective2 Amp/DAC | GoXLR | AKG K612PRO | Beyerdynamic DT880| Rode Pod Mic
Power Supply Corsair AX 850w
Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite V2
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum RGB "Cherry MX Brown"
VR HMD Oculus Rift
Software Window 11 Pro
why ohh why they use small fan :banghead:

System Name Main Rig
Processor Ryzen 7 1800X@4.1GHz
Motherboard MSI X370 Titanium
Cooling Custom watercooling with 2x480 rads
Memory 2x8GB Corsair LED memory 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Fury X
Display(s) Asus MG279Q & iiyama B2888UHSU
Case Corsair 900D Obsidian
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair 1200W
Software Windows 10
Haven't seen any bench's of this, but somehow I doubt it would be something you'd prefer over a E350, or C-50, even with the extra cores I can't really see what you'd use that for in an ultra low power PC for, it's like phones, Dual core I get, but one we go beyond that I start scratching my head, my phone isn't a workstation where I need a lot to run at the same time, I feel the same with HTPC's.

why ohh why they use small fan :banghead:

Haven't seen any bench's of this, but somehow I doubt it would be something you'd prefer over a E350, or C-50, even with the extra cores I can't really see what you'd use that for in an ultra low power PC for, it's like phones, Dual core I get, but one we go beyond that I start scratching my head, my phone isn't a workstation where I need a lot to run at the same time, I feel the same with HTPC's.

Epia's are kinda industrial (kinda bc they aren't very high end industrial).
I'm sure some businesses can find perfect use for these two boards.

About the small fan: it's not bc $40 videocards use very low end small fans (that break very fast) that they are inherently bad by design. I've seen Quadro's with very small fans run for many years with a hitch. I use a Scythe 4cm fan for many years and it's still perfectly silent.