1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

video card not at 100%, or?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by 4eVaCrazIe, Dec 27, 2006.

1. 4eVaCrazIe New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've just formatted my computer. Though before I did, my games were fine. My cs averaged at about 90-100 fps. and I could run warcraft 3 with no problem what so ever. After the format I'm lagging in both games on places where I should not be. I get like 40 fps on cs and warcraft 3 lags so much when it comes to casting spells that I can't even move.

after I formatted I tried installing with the driver(cd) it came with. didnt work.
    I formatted again and installed the latest driver from the ati site. didn't work ether.

MS-6728
    Intel Pentium 4 3200 MHz
    512MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (Kingmax)
    WD1200JB (120gb western digital)
    256MB ATI 9800XT

2. AthlonX2

AthlonX2 HyperVtXâ„¢

Thanks Received:
    do you have all the chipset drivers installed?

3. Namslas90 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Download and install Motherboard drivers again. Then delete all the video card drivers, SEARCH for them to ensure they are gone, defrag HDD and re-install the video card drivers.
    ATI drivers tend to stick like glue, if you leave a fragment in the HDD it will just re-install from that known point and not redo the entire driver. Also make sure you download any patches or updates for Warcraft.

4. Zubasa

Zubasa

Thanks Received:
    Its good to even remove the graphic card in Device Manager then manually install the driver.

5. 4eVaCrazIe New Member

Thanks Received:
    "Download and install Motherboard drivers again. " sorry, I don't know much about computers.. I usually just install the drivers(cd) it came with.. is there someway I can check what models I've got and dl the updates for it?

isnt there a program that lets me clean up all the past video card drivers also?

6. Godsmak New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes get DriverCleaner to clean up your drivers after you have uninstalled them. Also get Motherboard monitor or CPU-Z to check what you got. Search google for these. I am pretty sure your problem is you do not have chipset drivers for your motherboard. Find out your motherboard, do a search for drivers for it, and update. You may need chipset audio as well.

7. TUngsten

TUngsten

Thanks Received:
    your board is an MSI 865pe/neo if I recall - you should have a "live bios" app that will search for the most up to date driver for your motherboard. I have the same board, and have been impressed with its stability.

8. 4eVaCrazIe New Member

Thanks Received:
    I dont think i have that app.. could I download it somewhere?