1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Video card usage tool

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by flyxboxfly, Mar 5, 2005.

1. flyxboxfly New Member

Thanks Received:
    I was wondering if any one knew of a program to use like hitting CTRL,ALT,DELETE for watching your system to watch more or the video card usage. I have two monitors and I leave task manager open on the top. I just like having speedometers.

2. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    what do you mean by "usage" ? memory ? load percentage? temperature?

3. flyxboxfly New Member

Thanks Received:
    yes.

4. Jimmy 2004

Jimmy 2004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Might be hard to find one that does all the things you want - do you want it to show performance graphs or just percentages? Task Manager isn't to bad is it, perhaps you could get a separtate small prgramme for temperatures. CoolMon 1.0 Final, CS Fire Monitor 1.6.3 and Process Explorer are some that I found that do most of those things but I haven't tried them. Process Explorer seems very similar to Task Manager. I think they are all free so try them.

One other thing, your motherboard/chipset manufacturer might have a programme that can do these, like companies such as Asus who my motherboard is made by.

5. C&C Freak 2K New Member

Thanks Received:
    You could use a bunch of multimeters. :)

Really thouh, I've not heard of something that can measure any useful data from a video card aside from the the temperature.