1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Video Editing Software

Discussion in 'General Software' started by MadClown, Feb 23, 2010.

1. MadClown

MadClown New Member

Thanks Received:
    NY, the state were you cant defend yourself
    Ever since I went to Windows 7 I've had issues with finding good video editing software. Most of the time Windows movie maker is sufficient, but the W7 version exports bad audio quality and crashes all the time. Then theres Vegas, I hate it, don't recommend it to me. Then I saw CyberLink Power Director 8 , and I used it for some small videos and it worked fine, nice features and easy to use, I liked it. But now apon editing another small video, it just lags up the wazoo, and as of right now, its been frozen for the past 5 minutes or so. So I ask two Questions,

1: Why is Power Director being a prick, could it just be compat. issues with 64-bit operating systems, or just bad software to begin with?

2: Can anyone recommend me a good Video editing software?

I have tried to install Leopard before on my PC, and It only wants to install onto my external, so Final Cut Pro is out of the question.

Any help is appreciated! :toast:
  2. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    MPEG Video Wizard DVD 5.0 from www.womble.com/products

My friend was so impressed when I showed this to him years ago, that he bought it soon after. It's quite flexible and powerful and doesn't cost the earth.
    lemode and MadClown say thanks.
  3. Espera New Member

Thanks Received:
    Final Cut Pro is too good to give up on, try harder and get that puppy installed :D
    hell, it was the only reason I'd ever consider getting a MAC.

Besides FCP I've used Adobe After Effects 5 thru 7 and they do okay but I'm sure anyone using them would get a lot more out of the more recent version.
  4. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    the only reason these apps should crash, is if your system is unstable or you've got bad codecs installed.
  5. MadClown

MadClown New Member

Thanks Received:
    My system itself is perfectly stable, I'll have to check those codecs, I remember having some issues installing them, I must have somehow installed it incorrectly, or did multiple installs and confused the system.
  6. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    my advice is uninstsall all codec packs, reboot, then install CCCP - it actually warns you about some bad codecs (such as neros MP4 splitter) and offers to disable them for you.
    MadClown says thanks.
  7. MadClown

MadClown New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'll try that 2morrow, been busy the past few days.