1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Video Games

Discussion in 'Games' started by Aleksander, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Aleksander

Thanks Received:
    I am working on a channel to add gameplays for a lot of games and thought it was good to share them all.
    I will update this thread with every video I make.
    Watch in 720p for better experience

[yt]uykaMv_-LG4[/yt]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  2. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    What are you using to record?

Crunching for Team TPU
  3. Aleksander

Thanks Received:
    fraps

4. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    I thought of doing something like this, but because of all the hassles, and we already have ALOT of gaming sites/channels as it is, It remained as a thought,

just curious, what things are you gonna do to get your site more publicity? or maybe you're doing this as a hobby?

5. Aleksander

Thanks Received:
    This is more of a hobby, but not exactly the games. It is the development of the website.
    The games though are really fun, so I call this working with a lot of fun.
    This is something I will never stop doing, since I love it.
    'Games in a website', sounds really great.

Since I know publishing is not easy too, I decided to publish in forums around websites and I know this is not really great, but that is it for now.
    As far as the website goes, I got a partnership with a game studio and they will help me make it to the public. (They contacted me themselves)
    I think it is more of people contacting you, because when you contact them they simply don't reply at all. (100% of cases, for now at least)

So, I got bored contacting and added a lot of games, especially now that I can add HD videos it is becoming really fun.
    This is more my hobby rather than doing it for the money. As you can see, there are no ads at all.
    I like more programming, but playing games is fun too.
    Also, I think Another Games is unique, never seen a website like that.

I will add more videos here as I work on them.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  6. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    If you're going to lay them out that way in your posts, at least title them appropriately on your YouTube page so there's an adequate description header on each embedded video. You could have picked a better thread title too, like Gaming Videos or My Gaming Videos, My Game Channel, etc.

Example:
    [yt]uqP-NlwHUvc[/yt]

BTW, if you encounter some games where you have to lower settings more than you'd like due to Fraps lag, which is probably the case with your spec, DxTory can record lag free using it's RawCap mode, which can employ more than one HDD to write the capture (without having them in RAID). DxTory also has many useful features that Fraps lacks.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    Aleksander says thanks.
  7. Aleksander

Thanks Received:
    First of all, you have 2 identical posts I guess...
    2nd is that I have titled them like that because I am not publishing it for a specific part in the game, but just its gameplay, no matter where or what I would be doing that specific moment.
    3rd I will try the software you are talking about and will give a feedback here if happy with that.

8. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    That is the forum, not me. When I first posted the above, only one post was showing and the title of my example video was showing. For some reason, now it is not (at least it doesn't show from my end).

Secondly, you haven't titled the videos themselves at all, otherwise it would show on the video itself (provided the forum software is working as it should). The reason to title them is it's often hard to tell with the embedded screenshot what game it is or what part of the game, so it can cause people to waste time clicking on ones they're not interested in.

(EDITED)
    Re-posted the example link, and now the title is showing like it was in the first place, weird.

Aleksander says thanks.
  9. Aleksander

Thanks Received:
    I know what you mean, the titles won't show up.
    That is a Google Chrome problem with the new youtube and happens to me too from time to time.
    I just added a 30 min Far Cry 3 gameplay!

How can I remove publicity in my videos?
    I have chosen to disable them but they still will show up.

10. jboydgolfer

jboydgolfer

Thanks Received:
    if you mean ad's/monetization. then you go to video manager, then settings , then features, and turn it off.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
    Aleksander says thanks.
  11. Aleksander

Thanks Received:
    I have choosen in the general this setting:
    Do not allow advertisements to be displayed alongside my videos

And my account is not eligible for monetization, so it is turned off.

They still display :S

12. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Alongside means extra ads other than the ones embedded onto the videos themselves. As much as I hate some things about YT, they have to do such things, otherwise it wouldn't be a free service.

The only thing you can really do is hope that one of the browser ad blockers designed to block such ads works and is used by your viewers. Then again, the more people use such tools, the more chance YT will resort to other means to get funding.

The best compromise is to just tell users to click the X on the ads that pop up. They generally only appear at the start of a video. I have used tools that block them automatically though.

Aleksander says thanks.
  13. Aleksander

Thanks Received:
    bump for 12 videos!

14. Aleksander

Thanks Received:
    Just completed Sleeping Dogs. It was fantastic!
    Bump