1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Virginia Tech 20 people dead 20 wounded

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by DaMulta, Apr 16, 2007.

1. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    Have you guys heard about this crazy shit yet? Someone went crazy and starting killing off people at Virginia Tech in Virgina USA.

2. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Thanks Received:
    :O crazy 20 dead. watching it now. Shit I thought Virgina Tech was a workplace... 20 young people dead... they should really ban semi-automatic and automatic guns.

3. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    No but these guns should be kept out of the hands of retards like that. We would no longer be free if our guns were taken away. Don't fuck with my bill of rights.

4. randomperson21

randomperson21 New Member

Thanks Received:
    wtf what?!?!?!?!?!?!

5. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Thanks Received:
    naa not all guns it just reminded me of that crazy guy from Quebec with the semi automatic assault riffle.. if it wasnt automatic more people could of got away or had a chance to tackle him. I for one would put myself in danger.. yeah maybe there should be very strict gun control otherwise there no chance in stopping people like this.. sure you can get a gun on the street but you need some connections... most of theses losers wouldnt have these connections, they'll more likely get robbed trying to get one.

Edit: yeah their is really no stopping this from randomly happening, best to be silently armed and trained.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  6. Zero Cool

Zero Cool New Member

Thanks Received:
    you need guns to defend yourself from other retards with guns... that just doesnt make sense. If you wont have guns in the first place, there would be no need to defend yourself against people with guns... They should jus ban ALL guns. America seems to be the only country with problems like this ( heavent heared of much stuff like this in europe)

7. aximbigfan New Member

Thanks Received:
    what load of crap. gun bans ONLY affect citizens who arent goign to break the law anyway. I honsitly dont know what anyone who wants bans on guns is smoking. if a criminal wants a gun, he will find a way of getting it. law abiding citizens need a way of protectign themselves....

as you may have guessed, i did in fact got to the NRA conention last saturday...

@ zero cool. you abviusly know nothign about what you are talkign about. more guns = less crime.

chris

8. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Theres no stopping guns man, to many out there like prob millions in the USA alone. Some people are good people some are bad.. gun control tries keeping the guns in the right hands I'm sure, but I think there should be a psychiatric exam you have to pay for and pass given by a expert in the field.

But I have no clue really whats in place for gun control atm.. I just know that crazy Quebec(Canada) guy ordered himself a semi-automatic assault rifle and got it.

The guy prob got his gun legally axim. he was obliviously a friggen retard not some criminal.

9. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    Make guns illegal and soon only those with no regard for the law will have guns.

Imagine if one person had also had a gun. There might only be a couple people dead. Or if everyone had a gun. Would you pull yours if everyone did? Hell no. You would be dead in seconds.

10 Million points folded for TPU
  10. DanTheBanjoman SeƱor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Gotta love the way American people think.
    Perhaps someone won't break into your home to plunder your fridge because you could shoot him, however you're making it very easy for that same criminal to get a gun instead and rob a store and shooting the clerk. Perhaps the number of crimes goes down, however the crimes become a lot more violent.

11. Zero Cool

Zero Cool New Member

Thanks Received:
    I agree, For example, in czech republic it is very hard to obtain a gun and if you do you need years of training. but people in czech dont feel endangered by criminals.. here brake in never involve guns. and almost no one is killed by guns. No guns = No Gangs.

If someone broke into your house and had a gun, and you went to see whats happening, and you saw him, he would just run away. BUT if you had a gun, he would defend with fire...

12. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Thanks Received:
    The US is overburdened with guns.. theres no getting rid of all the unregistered guns. I forget the exact estimate for how many guns are unregistered in America but its very big.

Parts of some citys are really bad. but I never said ban ALL guns I said semi automatics and automatics.. like the ones people are seposed to only take to the target range for sport.

If you know how to use a gun you should be better off than some numbskull criminal who has just basic "hommie" training and shot his gun off 4 times in his life.

13. Jimmy 2004

Jimmy 2004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah... I mean more guns are good :wtf:
    What a twisted view of the world.

Here in the UK nearly all guns are banned, and although that doesn't stop people illegally importing them, we only get isolated incidents. We don't have ridiculous crime rates because of our lack of guns, and gun crime is so much lower here: http://www.gun-control-network.org/GF01.htm half way down for a table.

I hate the attitude "I need it to defend myself". Because everyone has that attitude, everyone keeps hold of their firearms, with no good coming from it.

14. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    The problem starts where people have no regard for the law and human life. Then problem continues where everyone thinks that it isn't up to them to stop the problem.

So a man gets a gun, not wrong in itself.
    And he starts to shoot up a class full of young adults.
    Everyone who isn't armed dies until someone forcibly stops the instigator.
    21 people are dead.

Or everyone has a gun, not wrong.
    A man pulls out a gun to try and prove his point.
    Everyone else pulls a gun to disagree.
    He now has either two options.
    Die.
    Or put the gun away.

15. psychotix11 New Member

Thanks Received:
    America tried to ban alcohol and look how well that worked, we have banned drugs and look how well that's working. I can buy a gun illegally far easier and faster then I can get a legal gun. If I really was dead set on killing a person I'd get the black market gun that can't be traced back to me.

Our bill of rights to own a weapon doesn't really have anything to do with the "holy shit he broke into my house let's blast his ass", and that doesn't really happen in America, even in crazy ass places like Texas.

The entire concept of the right to bear arms has to do with two issues, hunting and self defense against wildlife, and the ability to over throw the government should the need arise. While I do agree that the second concept is absurd (a gun isn't going to help you beat the army) large portions of this country are still relatively wild and people do hunt for food and need to drive off varmints.

16. Zero Cool

Zero Cool New Member

Thanks Received:
    what if he didnt have the gun in the first place. But you know, how did he get a job as a teacher or get in as a student is a whole different story...

17. bigenuffumbrella New Member

Thanks Received:
    How do you know it was a semi-auto anything? What if it were a shotgun? or a revolver? The fact is if even one person in the dorm or engineering hall had had a hand gun of their own this might not have been as bad as it was.

When you tell all the chickens they can't have guns, then all the foxes will know the safest place to hunt.

18. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Thanks Received:
    He put on his good face/side to get in but he obviously had some issues.

Im not sure how it would work to get a gun in the US illegally but its somewhat harder here in Canada.. There is a blackmarket but you gotta know real criminals to get into that stuff... your plain old weed dealer might be able to get you a handgun or 30/30. I think this guy had some sort of assault rifle.

20+ people killed in one dorm area sounds like an automatic weapon that he prob had an extra clip for. how would he kill that many people witha 6 shot revolver that he has to reload.. (ah I guess there is a quick load thing for those aswell that preps the shells just like a clip). I guess it wont take to long to load up a 12 slot shotgun after scaring most people away. 40+ people dead or injured.. it just reminded me of the shooting that happened in Quebec city where buddy had that crazy riffle... many people dead because he has a rapid fire weapon.. people didnt have any time to run really.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  19. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    If he wanted to kill people or cause harm it would be easy. Guns are just a means to do so.

Strangulation, poisoning, vehicular homicide, beatings, stabbings. There are a million ways to kill. But guns are the only one that rile people up. A person can die from being locked into a room with ammonia and bleach. It only takes thinking, but no one ever shouted for the ban of clorox. And we arent' talking about the special school here. Just a couple weeks ago a woman died from drinking too much water. Should that be banned or perhaps prescribed?

20. psychotix11 New Member

Thanks Received:
    The black market that makes high powered assault weapons easy to get in America is the same black market that dominates our rampant drug trade.

The majority of gun crimes here are very easily linked to drug crimes.

I live in Washington DC, that's all of 3 hours north from VA Tech. And I can tell you that while guns are banned in the city, I can go buy any sort of weapon short of a 50 cal without that much effort.

As for the "20 people" issue. that doesn't point to an auto, that just means he wasn't lazy. I could massacre 20 people right now in my office with a handgun/shotgun in a matter of mins.

21. KennyT772

KennyT772 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i think there needs to be a class certification, or something, to purachase a gun in the US. at 21 you can walk in, fill out paperwork, and a week later have a new gun. I personally have a 30-06 and a 20ga. there is a need and right for the ownership of a firearm. around here there have been a couple gun involed break ins. 2 ended with dead residents and 2 ended with no one hurt. guess who was the owner of a gun? the latter of the two both had shotguns and chased the theif out of the house, and recovered his weapon.

people feel invincable when they are the only person with a gun. when one is pointing back at them they arent so cocky.

22. Random Murderer

Random Murderer The Anti-Midas

Thanks Received:
    if you outlaw something, only outlaws will have it...

23. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Thanks Received:
    gun are by far easier, get mad go kill people way without thinking much of the consequences.. some 16 year old gets jumped by 5 guys at a party he knows he has a gun at home and decides to use it pissed off at the guys who jumped him.. alot easier than making a huge plan he prob would of pulled out of, if he didnt have that gun.

It could happen. alot easier to deal with the problem and there are alot of stupid people who would go trough with this if pissed off enough and have easy access to a gun (it dont have to be some 16 year old he could be 21).

but yeah I get what you mean now, if someone really wanted revenge they could go about it another way though the results wouldnt be the same.

24. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Trust me the rest of the world is just as dysfunctional as the United States.

Beslan
    Erfurt
    The Hague
    Other shootings.

25. mullered07

mullered07 New Member

Thanks Received:
    sorry but this attitude is what i hate about americans, thats your right is it? is that why your kids are killing people with hand guns and semis they found in there parents closets? absolutly ridiculous that guns should be legal to any tom dick or harry who wants one and its no surprise that the us has some of the biggest gun crime statistics. afterall if you give everyone a gun your just asking for trouble.