1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Virus Help please,

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by Hellfire, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Hellfire

Thanks Received:
    Hi guys, I have usually had pretty good security, but for some reason every day I keep getting a virus pop up from a couple of things, I use both AVG and Ad Aware as well as Windows Defender,

Virus's I'm getting are

robocopya.exe - Trojan Horse Downloader
    ISS[1].exe

Help would be appreciated, they keep coming back but I do not fancy doing a fresh install if I am honest,

I have done deep/full scans with AVG/Adaware and even Defender, it also scans every night over night and it is normally clean, it's resident shield which is picking these up.

Good churns a little but not a lot about these. Help

2. 95Viper

95Viper

Thanks Received:
    Hellfire says thanks.
  3. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    Hellfire says thanks.
  4. Hellfire

Thanks Received:
    I knew I was forgetting one, it was bugging me so much, We use Malbyteware at work, Grrr!!!! trying it now cheers,

The info in Prevx is the only info I found, basically little but not alot.

cheers though mate.

5. Hellfire

Thanks Received:
    I am sure it is trustworthy, can you gimmie bit of info about the program (I don't generally install random programs lol) Any good etc? will try once I've read up on it cheers.

6. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    From the description on bleeping computer: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

ComboFix is a program, created by sUBs, that scans your computer for known malware, and when found, attempts to clean these infections automatically. In addition to being able to remove a large amount of the most common and current malware, ComboFix also displays a report that can be used by trained helpers to remove malware that is not automatically removed by the program.

Ive used it regularly for quite some time now it cleans just about everything even those annoying rouge AV's.

My surefire virus removal technique is as follows
    1. Disable system Restore, this is very important 90% of all Virus/spyware/malware will copy itself to system restore points and re appear next time a restore is activated, ie doing windows updates.
    2. Run combo fix skip the recovery console install
    3. Verify that system restore is still off
    4. Run Malwarebytes, then AVG full scans. its helpfull to have AVG installed when running Malware bytes Because malwares scan will trigger items that AVG will not normally find

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  7. Hellfire

Thanks Received:
    Malbyteware picked some extra stuff up, I'll try combo fix as well and keep monitoring etc.

cheers.

8. MastaWoo New Member

Thanks Received:
    I was infected with this virus today and this is the first time I've seen it, upon googling for this infection I came upon this page at: http://www.popspy.info/?p=73 that has information on how to remove it permanently.

95Viper says thanks.
  9. 95Viper

95Viper

Thanks Received:
    Nice info, MastaWoo. And, welcome to TPU. Enjoy the forum; it is the best out here.:)