1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Vista 32-Bit vs 64-Bit for this PC

Discussion in 'General Software' started by alexp999, Sep 16, 2007.

1. alexp999

alexp999 Staff

Thanks Received:
    Hi,
    I realize posts like this have been done, and I have had a good look but i'm still not 100% on the whole thing. If you take a look at my system specs, and the games I want to play (in a sec), which version of vista do you think I should install? 32 or 64? Now I currently have 64 installed because I had 32 vista, but when my dad upgraded to 4 gig, we got him a 64 bit vista and I used his media with my 32 key. I did it becuase i could basically, lol! But I want to know based on what I play, is 64 bit better? Or does 32 bit emulation mean that it is faster on a native 32bit OS? There are a few applications that ran on 32 but not on 64 but I don't plan to upgrade to 4gig anytime soon, I have only just got 2! In any case I it will be more than just ram i upgrade the mobo is first (but not for at least 12months). Anyway let me know what you think, and here is a list of games I want play on this PC:

Half-life 2
    Halo
    EVE Online
    GRAW
    Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 (plus all expansions)
    Freelancer
    Sims (plus all expansions)
    M$ Flight Simulator 2002 (on the odd ocasion, lol!)
    Unreal tournament 2003

And some old (like 98 and DOS games) that I challenge myself to run on Vista, (got all but first Tomb Raider's going on 32bit, havent tried it on 64 yet tho!)

Thanks.