1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Vista Exploit

Discussion in 'General Software' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 5, 2008.

1. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    This is more than likely old news but I couldn't find it here on the forums but for you guys running a less than legit Vista should be warned. I got this directly from Microsoft. Read below.

SP1 also includes updates that deal with two exploits we have seen, which can affect system stability for our customers.

The OEM Bios exploit, which involves modifying system files and the BIOS of the motherboard to mimic a type of product activation performed on copies of Windows that are pre-installed by OEMs in the factory.

The Grace Timer exploit, which attempts to reset the “grace time” limit between installation and activation to something like the year 2099 in some cases.

2. das müffin mann

das müffin mann New Member

Thanks Received:
    well this isn't good for me

3. Silverel

Silverel New Member

Thanks Received:
    Don't worry too much. Of all the hackers out there with their hacked copies, they'll have to find a new way to do it. From that point it just rolls down the line to all the people with hacked copies, and they start all over again.

4. iamollie New Member

Thanks Received:
    i think vista will still work, i couldnt think of a way they could trace the exploit to distinguish between real OEM users and those that used the paradox crack which is why it works in the first place. I think it will just stop once updated to sp1 then you will not be able to use the exploit to activate it