1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

vista explorer.exe error :S

Discussion in 'General Software' started by kurosagi01, Oct 24, 2009.

1. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    So i re-installed vista onto my desktop and i got my usb wireless to work now,i got service pack 1 and 2 installed etc etc but i keep getting error from explorer.exe and it seems to happen a lot whenever i right click something on my desktop :S is there way i can fix this its really annoying now i solve 1 problem then another comes its really stupid..
    skylamer says thanks.
  2. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    Did you submit your problem reports from the Control Panel ? Try and see if MS gives you an answer.
    skylamer says thanks.
  3. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    they never work for me =/ any other sugguestions
    skylamer says thanks.
  4. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    Create another account with admin rights anfd try from that account....this may tell us if its a setting or worse.
    skylamer says thanks.
  5. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    i got same error on a different account,the exact same error,can someone help me please
    skylamer says thanks.
  6. audiotranceable

audiotranceable New Member

Thanks Received:
    are you stable in a overclock. Sometimes if you aren't stable and install windows it could come up with bad files:toast:
    skylamer says thanks.
  7. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    which overclock you talking about?? my CPU? i've been running the same overclock on my cpu for months now and it never happened ever since,it was running on vista 64bit perfectly before i installed windows 7 and then re-installed vista 64 bit as i couldn't get wireless to work

Windows show this as problem:
    skylamer says thanks.
  8. audiotranceable

audiotranceable New Member

Thanks Received:
    you check the harddrive to make sure it's not making errors or it has errors. Normally a file error can be from ram or a harddrive
    skylamer says thanks.
  9. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    how do i check hard drive? i have ran registry cleaners and defragments and all :S what else could i do to repair it?
  10. Easo

Easo

Thanks Received:
    My Computer, right click on disk drive, properties, tools, error checking, check the both boxes, restart. Then go make sandwich as it will take some time.
  11. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    okay i did that and it didn't happen for past 2 days but now its doing it again :S

Edit:
    Nevermind i've replaced the .dll file that was problem its fixed now i think =p
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  12. theonedub

theonedub habe fidem

Thanks Received:
    Do you have any software installed recently that added a new context menu option (creates a new option in the menu that pops up when you right click)? I had a similar problem in Win7 and it looks like that was the cause, had to uninstall the software and reboot. Seems good so far.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  13. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    well i've just checked the error i got and it appeared as a ntld.dll file or something so i just downloaded a new one and replaced it and its fine now
  14. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    right i'm fed up with this error now i even got it after re-formatting and uninstalled the software which i thought would be caused but it still does it..i'm getting annoyed with this now is this hard drive fault or RAM fault..? i fiddled with 1 ram stick but i have re-sitted correctly i don't think that could be cause..? it has to be either the hard drive or ram and i don't think its the ram.

The hard drive is now making very loud noises and its running much slower than usual.

So it says ntdll.dll maybe a cause of memory so can anyone reconmend me some software that can run memory test or something on the ram.
    So would this mean one of the ram is failing on me and i should try removing 1 stick to see if its stops? and i have tried using memtest but it doesn't support 64bit
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
  15. johnnyblame New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello,
    I read your thread. You need to make a windows update that recommended ,if not just reinstall the hardrive driver..If you have not solve after please reinstall your os...
    Hope help to you
  16. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    memtest.org has bootable ISO's for testing ram

hard drives are hard to test - any programs that could test them would have to wipe them in order to do so thoroughly, so no one really makes them.