1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Vista gaming will be 10 to 15 per cent slower than XP

Discussion in 'Games' started by AshenSugar, Oct 22, 2006.

1. AshenSugar

AshenSugar New Member

Thanks Received:
  2. Casheti

Casheti New Member

Thanks Received:
    F*CKING n00bs!!

3. Canuto

Canuto New Member

Thanks Received:
    It's more F*cking M$...

4. b1lk1

b1lk1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yay! Another Vista bashing thread. This place needs a Vista bitching section to keep all these threads together. It's not that I like Vista, I'll stay with XP for many more years, but why keep brining the same subject/topic up? Time to move on in life and bitch about something else.

Oh yeah, Vista is t3h suk! WOOOOOT! M$ is t3h d3v1l! HAXORS!!!!

5. xylomn

xylomn New Member

Thanks Received:
    agreed, we all know vista sucks major bottom, we don't need it repeated every 5 minutes :p

Moaning aint gonna make vista any better, not buying it might lol

6. AshenSugar

AshenSugar New Member

Thanks Received:
    thats kinda the point of these posts, get ppl to spred the word about the evils of vista and get ppl to not buy it.

i already have 5 of my neibors set on not buying vista on any system they get, hell one said she would buy a computer from me insted of dell since she dosnt want crapware dell forces on her(also when shes ready to buy the new system they will probbly have vista standred)

7. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    I will be buying Vista for Liveanywhere and DX10 gaming.....along with other millions of people making the move next year.

8. Casheti

Casheti New Member

Thanks Received:
    Dah foo' !

9. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    i wont buy it till the vast majority of the bugs have been worked out so prolly about sp2ish and ill give you a hint i wont be buying it :roll:
    ps this is for you zek it i am not talking about pirating it so dont yell at me

10. Casheti

Casheti New Member

Thanks Received:
    As far as I can see Zek IS a Pirate. He even has the catchphrase to go with it...

11. b1lk1

b1lk1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Dell will insure a full success for Vista, and HP, Compaq and every other OEM will push Vista sales over the top. There is nothing anyone can do about it. THe 90% of the market that will never even remove the side panels of their PC's are the ones that MS has targeted and they made the right move for them. The enthusiasts will just move even further towards the pirate market. It is actually surprising that MS is choosing to further alienate the entusiast market, but you gotta think the parts makers are pushing them to do it so that overclocking is pushed even further down.

12. AshenSugar

AshenSugar New Member

Thanks Received:
    i dont think they really care, they want to FORCE entusiasts to buy vista, thats 350+ a pop for a decent version of vista in there pockets(decent fetures, vista is crap nomatter the version)

they think what they are doing will give them the levrage to force people to buy vista, it wont but thats what they think will happen.

its like grabbing sand with your hand, use a cuped hand and gently scoop some up or grab it with a stirn fist
    stern fist=more slips thru your fingers the tighter you squeeze.
    cuped gental hand=you come away with more.

ms needs to learn this, if they can be made to see what they are doing is causting them sales they will have to change there policy.

i already have relitives and neibors spredding the word not to buy windows vista to everybody they know, if they order a pc in the next 2 years or so it will have XP on it!!!

ms expects booming initial sales, if they dont get them, well they will have to re-think how tey are selling this os.

13. AshenSugar

AshenSugar New Member

Thanks Received:
    good for you, hope you endup buying a few copys from ms due to the need to reinstall more then the alloted number of times :)

hope ms dissables your mpeg4 viewing for some unknown reasion.

oh and if you download stuff illegaly, hope they report you to the mpaa/riaa since they do track what files you have and how you use your pc :D

sorry but people who blindly support bad things dont get anything from me but distain :)

oh and i hope you injoy the 10-25% slower gaming experiance :D

14. Casheti

Casheti New Member

Thanks Received:
    Owned :p

15. DaMulta

Thanks Received:
    Not owned, 10-15% slower on OLDER GAMES, NOT DX10 like Cyris......I will still watch Mpeg4 I can in RC2, and I don't download anything illegal. Reinstalling will not be an issue, you will just have to call in to MS to fix it.

Support bad things lol, Millions of people will buy PCS with Vista next year. So you stay in the past, I am moving forward.

16. Casheti

Casheti New Member

Thanks Received:
    But until there are enough DX10 titles everyone will want to play DX9 games. And I'm sure people are going to still want to play their old DX9 games every now and then. Without having a seperate DX9 gaming rig...

17. DaMulta

Thanks Received:
    Like a X1900 can't give you a descent frame rate still please...... I played BF2 just fine with a X1600 and X800 in Vista.

18. AshenSugar

AshenSugar New Member

Thanks Received:
    nope wrong, according to ms no more calling to get ur windows acctovation unlocked, once it expires you buy a new copy, injoy buying 5-6 copys of vista or imaging your hdd every few days.

RC2 is not retail copy, some stuff isnt treated as it will be in full, such as acctovation.

god i cant wait to see you crying about how ms made you buy 3 copys of vista because you had to reinstall a few times and they wouldnt unlock it again for you :D

:rockout: :rockout: :rockout: :rockout: :rockout:

19. Casheti

Casheti New Member

Thanks Received:
    But those Vista's you're using aren't the final release..

20. b1lk1

b1lk1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't see how they will force us to buy Vista. As for DX-10, if a game is limited to that, then I guess I won't need to play it. I don't support MS, but we all knew they were going to do something like this, just didn't think it would be quite this bad. I will stick with XP/DX-9 and then it might be time to just give up gaming altogether and go out in the sun more. I will not be forced to spend money on stuff I don't need just to have it. I will just pack it in and leave my PC to household/business management chores and get my kids a PS3.

EDIT: And play games on said PS3 myself as well! LOL!

21. Casheti

Casheti New Member

Thanks Received:
    Can't see your system having any problems...

22. Alec§taar New Member

Thanks Received:
    Someone who's going to find NewTekie1 and teach hi
    I read this thread & the other one today about VISTA as a whole, & to "SAY NO/BOYCOTT" VISTA.

Yes, & I agree w/ many folks point on things (not liking some) mainly gaming like this thread is about... I do NOT like that OpenGL 2.x is being "wrapper-ized" translating its API calls into DirectX API analogs apparently.

SLOWS IT DOWN!

(Why? It's a SAFE & PROVEN library set, after all!)

Still, there's stuff in VISTA that looks good both aesthetically (Imo, the AERO GLASS shell looks pretty damn cool, DirectX driven over older GDI stuff) & functionally (security mainly) which will make me @ least want to try it, hands-on, for a few hours @ least.

APK

P.S.=> Anyhow, this is like the 98/98SE vs. NT/2000 period, when Win9x "ruled the roost" in the gaming realm... until the development teams (who do it to make money, and probably enjoy their job (surprise, surprise)) caught up!

Then, they did games for more modern games & here we are today "110%" compatibility w/ Win32 API coded games (not DOS ones) since XP (2000 was "ok" but emulation of older games wasn't as good as XP, close, but not quite) + Server 2003... AND, with new & BETTER games no less (for the most part, @ least techno-wise).

It will happen for VISTA too, & VISTA isn't going to be the last NT-based OS imo... there will be more + CHANGES & PATCHES TO VISTA... even though things like SINGULARITY are in the cooker @ MS! apk

Last edited: Oct 23, 2006
  23. b1lk1

b1lk1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I expect to get at least 2 solid years out of this PC, and probably more since even now there is nothing that can bog it down much as far as games. I think we all can send a real message to the entire PC/software world if we all just took a good look at the constant upgrades alot of us do, and realize how needless they are and just stop buying stuff so regularly. It is just too bad 95% of the world will just keep buying blindly. But for my own good conscious, I won't.

24. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:

Same here.

25. AshenSugar

AshenSugar New Member

Thanks Received:
    acctualy i hate to point this out but vista now will support full opengl no wraper needed, thou from what i read the wraper will still there, and it will be a good thing for some onboard and older gfx cards that have decent d3d drivers but shit ogl drivers(it only emulates ogl 1.4 anyway)

google around, opengl will now be fully supported under vista, due to MANY companys and proficinals calling ms and bitching at them about how they wont beable to use their cad/rendering software in vista if it dosnt fully support open gl.

also alot of stuff ogl2.x supports cant be done with dx9 or 10 PERIOD, honestly opengl is supperior to dx of any kind now, game makers need to move over, some already are, incurage the rest to do the same!!!