1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Vista media center stuttering tv

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Batou1986, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    k so ive had a Happauge pvr-150 ever since i got it i get stuttering play back every few minutes when watching live tv this also affects the whole pc but cpu and memory usage remain un affected
    ive searched around the internet for months now and i cant seem to find a fix. the problem is that it only does this under media center not any other tv program but i like media center cause its free and the guide works and i really don't like gbpvr anyone got any ideas :confused:

2. Jimmy 2004

Jimmy 2004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Tried updating the drivers? I've never used Media Center so I can't help much more I'm afraid.

3. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    it does stutter on mine sometimes,i have a usb dvb-t stick in mine.its usually if some darn installer runs the cpu high usage or if im un raring something with lots of files.

try checking a look at your cpu usage when it does it.

hope this helps.

4. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    when watching tv my cpu runs about 18% split evenly between both cores memory sits at 38-40 % so im sure i got plenty of head room the stuttering has no effect on cpu useage or memory so im thinking it might be something bus related like pci clock or irq conflicts altho i have no idea what any of that means or does im just shooting blanks here

drivers are all up to date same with codecs no hardware conflicts or any other issues i cant find anything wrong ive even tried updating the cpu drivers and installing the dual core optimizer as post on other forums concerning the problem