1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Vista Network Transfer Verrrry Slow!

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Dia01, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Dia01

Dia01 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Anyone know if there's a hotfix or a work around to improve transfer speeds. I'm trying to move about 260Mb of music file to my public music folder so I can transfer them to my HTPC via the network. During this process the OS locks up really badly and the transfer speeds are just ridiculously slow, something is wrong!
  2. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Go into Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows Features On or Off

Uncheck RDC (Remote Differential Compression), that came up in the Vista tuning/treaks thread here on TPU, it seemed to improve performance...I've moved many GB of info between my rigs...didn't have any bad lockups even before disabling RDC. But I'd say give that a shot for sure. 260MB should really go pretty quickly...
  3. Dia01

Dia01 New Member

Thanks Received:

Thanks for the advice but I had already unchecked RDC whilst using the Vista tuning/tweaks advice here on TPU. I can transfer the files from my main rig to the same rig's network folders very easily. But when I try and transfer from my main rig to my HTPC network folder's it is very very slow and non responsive. Router problem?