1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Vista works on a VIA Epia PD mobo, lol

Discussion in 'General Software' started by markkleb, Jul 17, 2006.

1. markkleb Guest

I just got my Aquarium comp running and couldnt find my Win2000 disk. I grabbed the Vista x86 disk and voila. It is a little slow, LOL. I am usiong 64MB onboard graphics.

It was really slow till I turned advanced Properties to Performance. I am using 512 DDR400, wish I had bought that 1 Gig stick.

It looks nice, there are tons of new things (lol, I still dont know how to use Win98)

2. zekrahminator

zekrahminator McLovin

Thanks Received:
    LOL nice :toast:.

3. markkleb Guest

its like trying to run XP on a 486, lol

4. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    You gonna be keeping it on Vista?

5. markkleb Guest

Its legal and free (just not fast)

6. Alec§taar New Member

Thanks Received:
    Someone who's going to find NewTekie1 and teach hi
    Show us some screenshots, if you can, of this "performance mode" you have to use please!

I'd almost bet it looks like Windows Server 2003, in "classic" mode (sort of like a cross between Windows 2000, & XP features (mostly 2000)).

:)

* Still, cool to hear, you can run VISTA on an older rig... makes sense, largely still Windows 2000 based code is @ its roots...!

Hey, is "Aero-Glass" off?

Assuming this is part of its "performance mode" (No "aero-glass" GUI) when you said it runs in that mode?

See, if not? It can probably run faster that way, no 'aero glass' look & be faster still!

(Think about it - pure classic mode, no "XP" looking shell, no "Aero Glass", just the classic Win2k look),

APK

Last edited: Jul 17, 2006
  7. markkleb Guest

I tried to post picts but the were too big. I set it back to Appearance and it is workable. I get the Aero look (beautiful)

I cant believe this works with the onboard graphics(beautiful but slow). I wish I had this on my fast comp.

The Via Epia PD has intregrated S3 Graphics Unichrome, its pretty old..

Vista had all the drivers I needed, it was a pretty simple install...

I have been wondering why there is so much to mess with, aparently this is the Vista Ultimate edition. When someone who actually knows how to program gets this(like Alec) there is tons of stuff to mess with..

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2006