1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Vista x64 BSOD while playing a video , wats up with that ?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by wolf2009, Apr 26, 2008.

1. wolf2009 Guest

so i was playing this HD video on Gom Player , and suddenly out of nowhere a BSOD . system specs in profile . maybe nvidia drivers ?

2. oli_ramsay

oli_ramsay

Thanks Received:
  3. wolf2009 Guest

i also get a pinkish tint on screen when i turn my monitor back on since i installed vista, but i thought that was monitor . Hmm...interesting .

4. spearman914

spearman914 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Most vista crashes are due to nvidia drivers. Try installing a older version of the driver.

5. wolf2009 Guest

i tried using driver cleaner pro from guru3d on vista x64 , it didn't work too well . it just sits there saying its cleaning .

6. oli_ramsay

oli_ramsay

Thanks Received:
    I had that issue with drivercleaner too, it just sits there until you end process. I think you should give the xtreme G drivers a shot. They give you better image quality for a very small performance hit. I do still occasionally get BSODs but I put that down to my system being OCed too much (still need to tweak a couple voltages), but I've not has the "pink screen of retardation" since xtreme G drivers.