1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Vote EA today for worst company quarterfinal

Discussion in 'Games' started by RuskiSnajper, Mar 28, 2012.

1. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper

Thanks Received:
  2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I'll definitely vote for Comcast over EA on this one.
    xenocide, WhiteNoise and BumbleBee say thanks.
  3. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    I will say this as well. I know plenty people in Chattanooga that HATE comcast over the ridiculous service and hidden fee's they put on the bills. If you are a resident of Chattanooga then EPB Fiber Optics is the way to go.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Funny this came up really as we had a phone call of Comcast telling us they were going disconnect us like what other ISP does that even more so comcast lol.

Although they made returning their modem a total pain in the ass..

Then again EA kinda pissed me off lately by forcing people to buy\use their games though Origin and not just let the people decide so EA could try better improve what they have more efficiently.

Voted EA for making syndicate 1st person and charging a whopping $60 and forcing people to use their service only.
  5. DarkOCean

DarkOCean

Thanks Received:
    on top of that big mountain on mars(Romania)
    I voted EA because i haven't dealt with comcast.
  6. yogurt_21

yogurt_21

Thanks Received:
    comcast, ea may ruin certain games, but comcast is constantly trying to set precidents that will ruin the internet for everyone
    xenocide says thanks.
  7. theoneandonlymrk

theoneandonlymrk

Thanks Received:
    +1
  8. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    If they tried i am sure they could make that 250GB limit a month to 5GB a month and even be even more bitchy and nail everyone who went over the 250GB which they don't.

Comcast a far from crapping on everyone although they do monopolize some area's i hear.
  9. moocow0463

Thanks Received:
    I have had comcast for the past few years and didn't even know about the bandwidth limit does that effect everyone or only certain cities? Either way I've never even hit it. But they do monopolize the market they have the fastest lines in my area I'm at 10 mb competitors could only get3-4 and speeds weren'tpromised
  10. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper

Thanks Received:
    Well that's what i don't have idea how bad comcast is - since i don't live there where comcast operates.
  11. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Ubisoft is 10 times worse than EA. For the past decade, Ubisoft's DRM has been consistently more draconian than EA's; however, EA's games are 10 times worse than Ubisoft's.

So, what's worse, a publisher that makes games you really want to play but can't because you don't want to be treated like a criminal or games you buy thinking they would be good but consistently discover they're mediocre at best?

I'm thinking Ubisoft. Nothing worse than the feeling of "I want to, but I can't."

But since Ubisoft isn't an option and Comcast doesn't even service this area, I have to go with EA.
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  12. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Easily EA on this one. I've had comcast for 4 years now and haven't had any issues with them, except for one time when they were scheduled to come to my home to replace a box and they didn't show, but they gave me a $45 credit because they missed the appointment.

You worried about a 250GB cap? Meh, they don't even enforce it if you have anything past their basic internet service, so big deal. At least they aren't like some of the other providers with 7GB caps...

Hiddent Fees? I haven't had any. They have been up front with every fee that I have been charged, and I even get a sheet listing their fees with every 3rd or 4th bill, and if any fees change or are added they send a fee sheet with the bill.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  13. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    EA really deserve this award, they have worked tirelessly to fuck everyone over :)
  14. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward

Thanks Received:
    Comcast, hands down.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  15. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper

Thanks Received:
    But i still don't agree with the comcast idea

USA is a big place and that's a lot of infrastructure ... not to mention it's not just comcast, it's pretty much all of the big ones that have their own crap, but the consensus is that USA ISPs have generally not been able to compete with european ISPs
  16. techtard

techtard

Thanks Received:
    EA doesn't just ruin games here and there. They destroy legendary game development studios and franchises.

Origin systems (Wing Commander, Ultima, etc)
    Bioware
    Bullfrog (Syndicate amongst other great games)
    Westwood Studios (Command and conquer+others, basically invented the modern RTS genre)
    and more, those are just the ones off the top of my head.
    Scheich and FordGT90Concept say thanks.
  17. Rowsol

Rowsol

Thanks Received:
    I don't think I've gone one day where comcast didn't have random spurts of not working. It always comes back but it's really annoying.
  18. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    Exactly 8 years going back and forth with them because they don't want to upgrade there equipment to handle the amount of customers using it,
    once a week someone has to come out and reset there hub across the street so my internet and on demand work.
  19. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    go with centurylink/qwest or Att/Verizon. Hell with Comcast/Time Warner Communications/RoadRunner
  20. yogurt_21

yogurt_21

Thanks Received:
    "internet caps? big deal"

that's the exactly what i was talking about with precedents. Sure they don't servcie everywhere but they start crap and then when other providers see the consumers roll over and take it, they start doing it too.

wonderful might as well go "strip searches at the airport for no reason? big deal"
  21. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    internet, change provider....

New games.. no choice
    FordGT90Concept says thanks.
  22. zootac New Member

Thanks Received:
    E.A. games its in the game.......with out you

Is comcast that bad in the u.s.a.? when we had them in england comcast yes we bid have comcast,
    Over in the u.k. about ten years back there where very good fast internet,
  23. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Problem is two fold there.

1.) None of them offer anywhere near the speeds Comcast offers in my area. The closes is ATT with 22Mb/s, not even close to the 50Mb/s+ Comcast offers.
    2.) I actually have more issues with ATT than Comcast in my area. The sell standard DSL as Uverse claiming it is Fiber when it isn't. They only offer 6Mb/s in older areas where they haven't upgraded the equipment, and anyone that uses the 6Mb/s package get connection drops daily because the old copper can't handle the speed.

The is the thing with this poll, Comcast being bad depends greatly on your area. They are really good in some places, and bad in others. EA is universally bad though.

Comcast didn't set the usage cap precedent, so your point is pretty invalid. Other ISPs were doing it long before Comcast.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  24. lilhasselhoffer

lilhasselhoffer

Thanks Received:
    Comcast, hands down.

EA has some bad decisions (I will be the first to level hate at Origin as it stands), but Ubisoft consistently beats them out. Comcast is crap in 90% of the situations I hear about.

So our European friend understand this, internet over here is completely different. While in Germany I had 5 option for a provider in Luebeck. For those who don't know, Luebeck is a small town, that is only one step away from farming village (~45 minutes from Hamburg by train).

In Minnesota I had one provider option at my residence. I was 30 minutes (by car) from Minneapolis, a large metropolis. We don't have the competition between providers, because there is too much area to cover. I know of people whose only option is still dial-up or satellite internet. When you ask these people what is worse, a publisher or only having access to heavily throttled and over-priced internet, I think the answer is clear. None of this even touches on the fact that there are other game publishers out there...
  25. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Definitely Comcast, since in terms of being the WORST, EA is still not the worst gaming company out there (which would be Ubisoft).