1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Vote EA today for worst company quarterfinal

Discussion in 'Games' started by RuskiSnajper, Mar 28, 2012.

1. KingPing

KingPing

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, EA still has some decent games
  2. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper

Thanks Received:
    Other devs with rebrand ... and DICE.
  3. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    The truth.....you speak it!
  4. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    Warcraft, circa 1994. CnC 1995. Granted Warcraft 2 (much better than the original) was 1996...
  5. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    EA is not that bad. Apart from activation schemes which aren't all that bad actually (SolidShield is better than their first versions of crappy SecuROM). They do have some pretty darn good games. Dead Space series is one of the better i've played in last few years. Battlefield 3 singleplayer, apart from few bugs, it's a pretty darn good combat game with really brutal graphics. NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 is one of the better NFS's i've played.
  6. yogurt_21

yogurt_21

Thanks Received:
    none as big as comcast, and not for non-mobile internet connections. The point stands. just because you'll roll over and take something doesn't mean the rest of us should.
  7. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Plenty as big as comcast, just none in the US, though I believe ATT tried it at the same time "in select markets" and stopped after the backlash(but their cap was like 100GB).

And I'm strickly talking non-mobile internet connection. There are providers, in the US, that cap at below 10GB per month, and they've been doing it long before Comcast did.
    Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  8. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    I've played many good EA titles over the years. Some bad but mostly good. I've also had to use Comcast in the last town I lived and it was by far the worst company to deal with for internet. Terrible customer service, terrible service that cut out almost daily and sometimes for hours on end.

Comcast is one of the worst companies in the USA.
  9. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    I think this is how it will play out...

BofA vs. Ticketmaster: BofA
    PayPal vs. Walmart: Walmart
    AT&T vs. Facebook: AT&T
    Comcast vs. EA: EA

BofA vs. Walmart: Walmart
    AT&T vs. EA: AT&T

Walmart vs. AT&T: AT&T

AT&T is consistently rated last for customer service, dropped calls, and virtually every other metric a telecomm is measured by. Moreover, they keep buying out smaller telecomms expanding their reign of terror. AT&T is difficult to beat.

And yes, I'm sad Ubisoft isn't on the list at all.

Edit: Oh the results are in:
    EA 66.73%
    Comcast 33.27%

AT&T 54.26%
    Facebook 45.74%

PayPal 48.85%
    Walmart 51.15%

BofA 58.11%
    Ticketmaster 41.89%

YAY! My predictions were 100% accurate. :D

I'm 75% AT&T is going to beat EA. I'm 49/51 on BofA/Walmart. BofA really screwed up this year on fines and the like but Walmart has a larger customer base. Everyone also knows that Walmart sells out USA manufacturing jobs to China and Taiwan making them everyman's enemy. AT&T hurts the pocketbook and tempers far more though so I think it will edge out the win.
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
    Crunching for Team TPU
  10. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Small Penis Power FTW! :laugh: Anyway I think AT&T have them all beat.
  11. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
  12. techtard

techtard

Thanks Received:
    Westwood had RTS games before Command and Conquer, I was merely stating that they basically started the genre.
  13. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    I can totally agree with that. The FCC broke up AT&T a long time ago because it was a monopoly, and all they have done is spend all this time buying and merging with all the small companies to form a monopoly again. Honestly, I have to give it to Comcast for actually trying to compete with AT&T and venture into a new area(phones) to do it. That is a huge step for a company, they might not be perfect, but they are trying unlike AT&T who just wants to be a monopoly again so they can drill their customers in the a$$.
    Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  14. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    The problem with AT&T is they never bother to fully integrate those they buy out so services that used to work don't anymore. It makes everyone angry because instead of quality of service staying the same or improving, it always falls dramatically. Then they add insult to injury by discovering the plan/contract you were on before the buyout was actually vastly superior to what AT&T offers. So either you get stuck, technology wise, at when the buyout occured or you kick yourself in the ass and accept new, inferior terms.

And since they don't even know what they're doing, whenever you try to contact them about anything, you get put into a roulette of the clueless. 9/10 you'll get frustrated and give up. They're doing the exact same thing Ford did around 2000: buyout after buyout after buyout until it dawns on the next CEO (Bill Ford) to come in that those aren't helping the brand/bottomline at all.

It's a shame the FTC hasn't done it's job since the early 1900s.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  15. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  16. Hayder_Master

Hayder_Master

Thanks Received:
    EA is the best screw all company's.
  17. yogurt_21

yogurt_21

Thanks Received:
    well between BofA and EA i'd go EA simply becuase they're more likely to give a damn than BofA who'll continue screwing people for fun regardless of popularity.
  18. Mega-Japan

Mega-Japan

Thanks Received:
    I voted for EA in the finals. I didn't realize how bad they were until I played recent games from Bioware and noticed what they were doing with the whole online pass thing.

I used to be a BoA customer many years ago. Didn't exactly had a problem with them, but very glad I left them anyways and currently in a credit union. Chase was the one that screwed me over by trying to charge me $10,000,000 (http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89307)...
  19. Depth

Thanks Received:
    EA killed Mass Effect. I hope they win the finals
    zootac says thanks.
  20. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I like Bank of America. They have always been real good with me and fair.
  21. Mr McC

Mr McC

Thanks Received:
    Now, that could be my first choice for worst company, I second your nomination.
  22. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper

Thanks Received:
    sorz for wierd grammar and post im tzping from mobile device ------------------------

Totally agree with the outcomes, Bofa deserves the win there - they have been in the whole wikileaks & govt security contractor clusterfuck ... EA is more evil than people might see from outside ... just look the EA Sports boss peter moore ... that guy already looks like a devil. - see a dev testimonial in some trailers like wiiu e3 confirmed games reel.

This is so interesting because i agree with all those outcomes that were posted above ... walmart deserves a win over paypal because they have been ugly in a lot of other areas such as the high profile case of a forgot how many thousand of woman filled class action lawsuits againt discrimination and lower wages against men.

Bofa desevers in all cases that like a no brainer ... but it kind of weird when comparing to EA ... i mean EA doesnt deserve to be pardoned , but it boggles down to the actual harm it makes , and to the WHOLE WORLD point of view , bofa does the most harm. big big topic ... i mean, bofa is one of the criminal elites.
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  23. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    You just dislike Bank of America because it has America in the name.
  24. Mega-Japan

Mega-Japan

Thanks Received:
    I live in America, and I dislike America. Hell I even kill for America (literally), so can't blame the man there xD.