1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[VR-Zone]DirectX 11 screens...

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by InnocentCriminal, Nov 18, 2008.

1. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    ... I'm sceptical at the best of times so I'm calling BS on these screens, but I thought it might bring up a decent debate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not out of the realms of possiblity, but these pictures, I highly doubt these are screens for a DX11 demo (with some clever dick behind the keyboard I wouldn't be surprised if this sort of thing could be done in DX10.1 or even 9) - I'd like to be proven wrong though.

Source.
  2. Nick89

Nick89

Thanks Received:
    LOL this is a joke right?
  3. DaC

DaC

Thanks Received:
    Assuming FSX 10 ss hoax..... this is totally BS
  4. Binge

Binge Overclocking Surrealism

Thanks Received:
    Fake, I've seen these pictures somewhere else, and they are related to ray tracing. I remember the industry/microsoft deciding DX11 wasn't going to go Ray Tracing~ so yeah I call hoax.
  5. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    I don't call it BS.

look when Shader 2.0 was around total thread length was 96. Then when Shader 3.0 came out it went to 64000 maximum length That's a big deal correct?

Well it would be buy only 2 games really pushed the limit then. FEAR a 2.0 game, and Far Cry a 3.0 game. Both look about the same, because the thread length was pushed more.

The average game then had 19-25 length threads the majority of the time.

Now we have sharder 4.0 and it is supposed to have no limit. Does that mean that they will use that?

As you can still see today only a few games really push the limit. When we should be seeing games like Futermark is showing off!!!!

Developers simply are catching a little bit at a time when we are doing all this upgrading. If they sat down and just focused on something cool based on one GPU they could pull some amazing things off. Just like they do on the 360......
  6. r9

r9

Thanks Received:
    Who gives a f***k. Like DX 10 bullshit the best looking game is DX9 Crysis.
    The whole point of DX10 was its efficiency over DX9 but how come all games works slower at DX10 mode.
  7. DaMulta

Thanks Received:
    bad coding
  8. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    Arrrh someone with an objective retort. Nice one dude! I'm only calling BS on these images being officially DX11 screens. I'm not saying DX11 won't look similar or have the same prowess, just look at Crysis in DX9 like r9 said.

You make a valid point though.
    DaMulta says thanks.
  9. iStink

iStink New Member

Thanks Received:
    i say bs. We aren't even near the processing power it would take to generate such random scenes.
  10. DaMulta

Thanks Received:
    We are closer than you think we are.....

Everything today is coded horrible.

Just to use things you have to do this

So do you get it?

There is a reason for our programs installing Gigs of information. It is because we build on top of another, and another, and another. We always reuse what there was before. We have never went back and did it all over again.

So you write the 101010101010 code
    Then you right the ABCDEFG code
    Then you right the code that can take ABCD and make new programs.
    Then you take that new program and you build on this
    It goes on
    and
    on
    and
    on
    and
    on

Each time it has to talk all the way down to 01010101011

Today if we dropped all our codes and went back to 010101010 it would be almost imposable to catch up to where we are. At the same time if we did, we would not use as much space, and we would not need the house power that we use to day to do the things that we do today.

Install windows 95 or nt on a 3Ghz Quad and just watch how fast it starts.

That is because there is less code to talk all the way down too 01010101011.

Video cards should have a driver written on the card, and when you kick in a game it should load the whole thing into ram. Then handle it all in assemble code. Then you would have the images above that you see.

All we do today, could of been done on computers 20 years ago. It just took longer to code than it does now, because most of the train tack has already been laid.
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
    a_ump and mrw1986 say thanks.
  11. dark2099

dark2099

Thanks Received:
    I personally won't state my opinion of if I think they are real or not, but some looks amazing, and others look doable in DX10. Personally I'll just wait for now. Oh, and DaMulta, I think that is the longest post I've seen. :respect:
    DaMulta says thanks.
  12. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    If that's the longest post you've seen, you clearly weren't around for the APK days. lol.

At any rate, I think these screens are fake.
  13. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    i think they could be real but maybe some rendered DX11 images at best imo...but i hold hope those are operating renderes man i hope DX11 looks like that TEHHHHH SEEXXXX
  14. DaMulta

Thanks Received:
    Clearly you guys have not seen real tech demos where they push shit to the limit of what it can really do.
    http://forums.techpowerup.com/showpost.php?p=1066650&postcount=5

I hope one of these days, you guys get to sit in front of a terminal too a supercomputer. Then run one of their demos that shows you what the supercomputer can render or not render for you.

In the earily 90s I see demos that would be judged against our best games to day. That was on a SGi computer that took the whole room up and only ran at 80Mhz.

They used to read computers in mips(million instructions per second). I wish they still did today because Ghz and Mhz is a stupid way to rate computer parts.

If I can send 10000000million things in 1Ghz and you can only send 5000 thousand things in 1Ghz.

Which one if faster?

Then tell me why we rate them in speed, and why we don't judge them on what they can do in a set amount of time.
  15. James1991

James1991 New Member

Thanks Received:
    All i will say is if the first and last ones are real then stop making games that look like S**T and use the full potential of DirectX :rockout:
  16. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Most of us know what tech demos are. We are claiming this is not one of them.
  17. Solaris17

Thanks Received:

i think your doubting alot of people and too much....for example other than the fact its by some random japanese web site i dont trust even if it is DX11 which imo is very probably you and i both know it will be a few years before our rigs can do it....i wouldnt go calling "i wish you guys" iv been inside unix farms were they use CPU clusters to render images and movies 1 frame at a time each frame taking hours because of how incredably precise it is and the images beautiful their is no doubt nor are people as stupid as you MAY think (not saying you think anyone is stupid) im just saying be a little more carefull i mean i took no offense but their are people like me that have seen this shit right up close others that have and do work at these places. and we have seen know and worked on thse things first hand im not doubting todays tech im doubting user end because some of that kind of stuff is locked so tight we wont see it in our TT armors or hack boxes for years to come.
    DaMulta says thanks.
  18. DaMulta

Thanks Received:
    I know that, but they could render those things.

The house alone is something they have been doing for years with Cad cards.
  19. DaMulta

Thanks Received:
    I do doubt a lot, and there is a TON that I have no understanding of.

Most people do not know how things work on a basic level tho......that's true.

Sorry if I seem to be in a bad mood...........long long long day.
  20. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Oh, I know. If it weren't possible to render, we wouldn't be seeing the images. The images alone prove it's possible for these to be rendered. i just don't happen to believe these are DX11 renders. I bet they are 3DsMax or similar.
    DaMulta says thanks.
  21. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    i know dude and i understand i have a migrane im almost out of ciggs and my room is hot but i think before you diss you should try to give some credit i mean if you whanna talk sophisticated F intel and AMD sparcs are were its at i have an old box at my cousins house thats running solaris 10 8 cores 4 threads per core 32 logical threads 1Ghz operating frequncy its a niagra based Ultra sparc and that rig would destroy mainstream CPU's if normal OS's supported it..
  22. DaMulta

Thanks Received:
    I have been awake for two days now lol

and went to work both days:slap:
  23. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    ugh nthats rough you need fukitol good stuff

now go look at the "how you use your os" thread i want to know what you think of my multi tasking beacause i live through TPu's replies to me like a highschooler craving myspace.
  24. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Real. These images were from Micosofts DX11 demo from a month or two ago. XNA Gamefest if I'm not mistaken.
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
    DaMulta and Solaris17 say thanks.
  25. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    I still say they weren't rendered in DX11. I bet they are just concept renders. I remember the DX10 "renders" they posted before it released. Those renders never made it in a tech demo for some reason. Hmmmmmm.