1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

W7 Platform Update - Text corruption

Discussion in 'General Software' started by OnePostWonder, Feb 27, 2013.

1. OnePostWonder

Thanks Received:
    As a result of the latest platform update for Windows 7 (IE 10 prereq), some of you may be noticing corruption/distortion/rendering issues with text. I've noticed it when scrolling through Gmail, for example.

The bug is documented here: Bugzilla - Firefox
  2. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    So this is a Firefox only issue?

I'm not sure exactly why you created this thread.
    Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  3. OnePostWonder

Thanks Received:
    I created this thread because people are going to experience it and wonder about it. It's an additional way people can find out about it. I did a couple searches on Google before it returned the right thing.

If you don't like the thread, flag it. If a mod agrees, they'll remove it. Sorry if it's an issue that I create a thread with the purpose of pointing people to a Bugzilla entry that shows people experiencing this problem the devs are aware of it.
  4. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    I meant no offense, I was just confused about if you wanted to just put the information out there or if you were asking for a solution.

If you just wanted to put the information out there then I'm still confused if this is a Firefox only issue, if it is a firefox only issue I would have though it would have been smart to put that somewhere in the title and post.
    Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  5. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I think its a Firefox issue because IE seems to be perfectly fine on my wifes computer.
  6. OnePostWonder

Thanks Received:
    I can't say whether it's limited to Firefox or not. I see MailMan mention IE is fine and a couple searches on Chrome turned up nothing. It probably is just limited to Firefox, but I didn't want to speak too soon.

As far as putting it in the post, I figured linking to Bugzilla, which is specific to Firefox (as noted), would cause people to get the hint that it might just be limited to Firefox.

I was a bit short-fused about your reply, but no offense meant on my part either. Thanks.